- 29-Jul-2022 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Native Hawaiian Veterans
- Fort Riley, KS, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Native Hawaiian Veterans (CNHV) provides innovative and flexible solutions to federal government clients, emphasizing excellence in the Asia-Pacific region. CNHV's capabilities, market-relevant service offerings, past performance credentials, and diverse status allow government clients to engage quickly and confidently with CNHV. Core service areas for CNHV include Health & Medical Services, Unexploded Ordnance (UXO), Surface & Underwater Range Clearance, Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD), Executive Briefing Teams, Training, Exercise Support, Computer Facilities, and Emergency Management Services.
ER Physician ( Let me know your salary requirement)
The Emergency Medicine Physician shall have sufficient experience to be able to adequately care for and respond to medical conditions in the outpatient and inpatient settings for newborns, as well as pediatric and adult patient ranging from aged birth to death. Emergency Medicine Physicians must be able to consult specialists appropriately and professionally.
Ability to perform the following procedures is required, but not limited to:
- Proficiency in BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, ATLS
- ECG Interpretation
- Basic radiographic interpretations (chest x-ray, acute abdominal series, etc.)
- Topical/local/peripheral infiltration of anesthesia
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Pelvic exams
- Evaluation and stabilization of acute musculoskeletal, spine and extremity injuries
- Endotracheal intubation in emergency setting
- Emergency cardioversion
- Suturing and suture removal
- Inpatient management of insulin drips
- Needle aspiration of pneumothorax
- Lumbar puncture, adult and pediatric
- Placement of anterior/posterior nasal packs or balloons
- Management of Shock of all etiology
- Management of Sepsis
Ability to perform the following procedures is preferred but not required
- Arthrocentesis or joint injections
- Toenail removal and/or trephination
- Skin lesion removal/biopsy (punch/ellipse/shave)
- Thrombosed Hemorrhoid Incision and Drainage
- Ocular, optic or nasal foreign body removal
- The ER Physician will provide care to the patients in the Emergency Department,
- Minor Care Unit/Fast Track,
- Admitted to Irwin Army Community Hospital(IACH).
- ER Physician will provide consultation to the Emergency Department,
- admit sick pediatric/adult patients, and provide NRP resuscitation to neonates at delivery when needed.
Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy, trained in the practice of medicine or surgery
completed a residency in Emergency Medicine and is
Board Eligible (BE)/Board Certified (BC).
Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certificate Neonate Resuscitative Program (NRP)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certificate.
*Certifications must be endorsed through the American Heart Association or through the American Red Cross or hospital policy (ALS/PALS) for Healthcare Providers, as these are the only programs accepted.
If HCW is Emergency Medicine trained and BE/BC by the American Board of Emergency Medicine then he/she only is required to have BLS and NRP.
Current unrestricted license in any of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the United States Virgin Islands and be able to obtain clinical privileges to individually practice medicine at IACH.
- Preferred experience in managing investigator-initiated, industry-sponsored, or military studies.
- Preferred more than 5 years experience with coordination of collaborative partnerships, establishing networks of clinical and laboratory investigators, project management and laboratory analyses.
- Experience with computers, to include ability to use Word and Excel, ability to retrieve information from computerized data system, development of tracking systems and maintenance of data and research records.
- Research regulatory compliance experience with Institutional Review Board approvals, Human Research Protection Plans, Data and Safety Monitoring Boards, Quality Assurance of Research Execution.
- Biomedical post baccalaureate degree with clinical or translational study experience: M.D., Ph.D., or Masters Degree in biomedical sciences or health care profession
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and preparing manuscripts for publication.
- A minimum of one (1) year Emergency room experience within the last five (5) years, which includes the care of adults, and newborns.
- Recent completion of Residency/Fellowship can be counted towards experience.
- Mostly work indoors.
- Often wear a special uniform, such as a lab coat or surgical scrubs. Often wear protective or safety attire, such as gloves and masks.
- Are exposed to infection and diseases from contact with patients on a daily basis. Work very near others. They must come into close physical contact with patients during procedures.
- Are exposed to radiation and contaminants on a weekly basis.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Native Hawaiian Veterans is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.