- 17-Jun-2022 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Technologies
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Technologies launched in 2006 as a US-based alternative to offshore technology delivery centers, providing information technology solutions and subject matter expertise to our clientele. Cayuse focuses on federal markets and missions, and is an SBA tribal 8(a) certified company. Cayuse brings significant past performance and excellent CPARS to its clients at an exceptionally competitive price. Cayuse's 41,000 sq. ft. technology delivery center is fully redundant and prepared to meet the needs of government. Our clients include DHS, DHA, DoS, USMC, US Army, HHS/Indian Health Service, Department of Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Bureau of Indian Education, among many more.
The Mission Support Expert will support the J21 Deputy Director for Mission Support and provide expert advice on all matters related to personnel, security, facility, logistics, and requirements management from DIA and the Joint Staff.
- Perform requirements processing in D1A Administrative Requirements Tasking System (DARTS) & Enhanced Traffic Management Systems (HTMS2). Receive, process, staff and execute staff requirements in support of all tasking systems, Prepare staff packages for executive consumption. Provide support to task managers of subordinate organizations^ Process staff actions throughout their entire life cycle.
- Provide senior level staff action support for all Mission Support activities emphasizing staffing, editing, monitoring, and preparing packages for review, signature, and file.
- Provide general support and assistance to the J21 Unit Security Officer.
- Process Military and Civilian Evaluations and Awards, Process staff packages, military/civilian letters, award recommendations, and internal/external memorandums,
- Update relevant databases such as shared drives, SharePoint, and shared drives. Assist the training focal point by coordinating advanced training and by serving as a liaison between Career Development Officers and individual offices within DIA/J2.
- Provide general support and assistance to the J21 Business Management team:
- Assist with the in-processing and out-processing of J2 personnel, including Joint Staff Information Network - Unclassified (JSIN/U) accounts, parking, and property.
- Perform duties as a Non-Defense Entry Agent (NDEA). Assist travelers in preparing Orders, Travel document, and Vouchers for Temporary Duty (TDY) travel. Orders may be processed in the DTS and/or hard copy formats.
- Conduct Information Technology Projects, VTCs, data mining, graphics development, document destruction, and other related IT assistance.
- Prepare message traffic and other controlled / secure communications using government provided platforms.
- Conduct daily accountability of officers in DIA/J2 and provide, reports as needed.
- 5+ years experience in updating databases such as shared drives and SharePoint.
- SME level experience in managing, compiling and reporting on: personnel providing security, facility, logistics, personnel, and resource management support.
- 3+ years experience managing DIA Administrative Requirements Tasking System (DARTS) & Enhanced Traffic Management Systems (HTMS2).
- 5+ years experience providing support to Unit Security Officers.
- 5+ years experience in processing Military and Civilian Evaluations and Awards.
- 5+ years experience providing support to Business Management teams.
- 3+ years experience in in-processing and out-processing of personnel, including Joint Staff Information Network - Unclassified (JSIN/U) accounts.
- 5+ years experience supporting Information Technology Projects, VTCs, data mining, graphics development, document destruction, and other related IT assistance.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with CI Poly
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Technologies is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Recruiting Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.