- 15-Jun-2022 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Native Hawaiian Veterans
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Native Hawaiian Veterans (CNHV) provides innovative and flexible solutions to federal government clients, emphasizing excellence in the Asia-Pacific region. CNHV's capabilities, market-relevant service offerings, past performance credentials, and diverse status allow government clients to engage quickly and confidently with CNHV. Core service areas for CNHV include Health & Medical Services, Unexploded Ordnance (UXO), Surface & Underwater Range Clearance, Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD), Executive Briefing Teams, Training, Exercise Support, Computer Facilities, and Emergency Management Services.
Cayuse Native Hawaiian Veterans is seeking a Jr Firewall Engineer to join our team at Department of State, Diplomatic Security, Office of the Chief Technology Officer (DS/CTO). This initiative is intended to provide IT Operations and Maintenance to modernized and legacy networks, applications, and databases.
- Support LAN network optimization and standardization at DOS facilities.
- Coordinate through DS/CTO to engineer upgrades to WAN links
- Engineer and implement high availability load balancing, and dynamic service health checks to maximize availability of all public-facing websites in the Public DMZs.
- In conjunction with other DOS teams, engineer, implement, and monitor denial of service detection.
- Assist with the support of upgrades required to connect partner agencies to the DS IT network infrastructure.
- Design enhancements and upgrades to systems for potential future cloud integration/migration.
- Develop, document and maintain standards and procedures manuals, and performance management procedures that meet DS/CTO's requirements.
- Bachelors degree and 1 year experience in network/firewall administration
- Must have experience in existing DS/CTO firewall systems
- Active Top Secret clearance.
Candidates with the below desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Current network certifications
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting firewall devices.
- Knowledge of network tools such as Panorama, Splunk, NeuralStar, Niksun NetOmni, Solarwinds, Wireshark, or Grafana.
- Experience working in Department of State
- Background demonstrating assisting with projects for improving LAN/WAN/Firewall infrastructure, implementing new capabilities, and/or remediating problem areas.
- Background demonstrating the ability to operate effectively within a complex, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge in principals of networking such as TCP/IP, SNMP, IPSEC, and SSH.
- Knowledge in configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco routers and switches.
- Knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting firewall systems.
- Knowledge in analyzing and interpreting network/firewall monitoring logs, rules, and outputs to create actionable remediating tasks.
- Normal physical conditions
- General office environment
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time looking at computer screen
- May be asked to work a flexible schedule which may include holidays
- May be asked to travel for business or professional development purposes
- May be asked to work hours outside of normal business hours
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Native Hawaiian Veterans is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.