- 09-Jun-2022 to Until Filled (HST)
- Native Hawaiian Veterans
- Lakewood, CO, USA
- Full Time
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC is a Native Hawaiian Owned, Service Disabled Veterans Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), SDB, SBA 8(a), MBE, UDBE, and EEO/W/M/Vet/Disabled Company that provides services, solutions, and products in the areas of Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Information Technology, Communication Equipment, Professional Staff Augmentation, Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) Remediation, and Strategic Communications/Creative Services. Our mission is to be a trusted partner earning customer loyalty while fostering growth and profitability for our Ohana and enriching our community.
The Desktop Technician V shall provide TIER II desktop support to DOI/IA/BIE customers, school personnel, and students. Common trouble tickets include, but are not limited to the following: add user to network printer, assist user in mapping network drives, install approved software and hardware, image and install computer for new employee, replace failed computer components, install and configure business application client software, assist user in logging onto domain and application accounts, train users in replacing plotter/printer ink and toner cartridges, train user on email & collaboration tools and other basic software/application use, assist users in setting up LCD projectors for office presentations. Additionally, TIER II support staff assist TIER III support in troubleshooting higher level issues.
The Desktop Technician V will also act as a Team Lead for other BIE Contractors, acting as an escalation point and providing support for team members (no supervisory duties).
Position performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Cayuse.
• Provide management and support for a wide variety of hardware, including laptops, desktops, network and server equipment, tablets, cell phones, and their peripherals. This equipment will utilize a variety of operating systems and various software, to include specialized suites such as GIS and AutoCAD, and software unique to Indian Affairs.
• Apply patches, upgrades and enhancements as they are approved by the customer
• Perform systems management and systems monitoring
• Responsible for security and administrative control for services and systems
• Monitor server applications for availability, latency, and technical issues.
• Support customer configuration management procedures
• Perform monitoring of all upgrades and enhancements
• Provide support to end-users and ensure all issues and requests are entered and completed within client's ticketing system
• Monitor server applications, system logs, and software logs for errors and alerts
• Act as a Team Lead (escalation point and team support).
• Mentor and support junior Desktop Technicians
• Create documentation for various processes, procedures, and systems
• Plan and manage projects, upgrades, and deployments
• Non-Essential Duties
• Other duties as assigned
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must be able to pass a background check for a Public Trust.
- May require additional background checks as required by projects and/or clients at any time during employment.
- Associates Degree or combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of related technical and some managerial experience in supporting desktop computers, laptop computers, mobile devices, printers, scanners, local area networks, servers and network switches.
- Support would include (but not limited to): installing and troubleshooting hardware and software.
- Expert ability to support Microsoft operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of general office software such Microsoft Office and Google mail.
- The ability to support specialized software such as GIS and AutoCAD and software unique to Indian Affairs (or similar software or general business application support is acceptable).
- Ability to develop project management documentation.
- Ability to work without guidance.
- Ability to manage and initiate projects.
- Managerial experience with 5+ staff.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Must be able to pass a background check for a Public Trust.
May require additional background checks as required by projects and/or clients at any time during employment.
Desktop Technician V salary range for the state of Colorado: $75k - $86k
In accordance with President Biden's Executive Order 14042, you must be able to meet all health requirements, including but not limited to, current and future vaccination requirements to infectious diseases such as COVID-19. The Executive Order requires that all federal workers and federal contractor employees be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Native Hawaiian Veterans is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.