- 25-Oct-2021 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Technologies
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Technologies launched in 2006 as a US-based alternative to offshore technology delivery centers, providing information technology solutions and subject matter expertise to our clientele. Cayuse focuses on federal markets and missions, and is an SBA tribal 8(a) certified company. Cayuse brings significant past performance and excellent CPARS to its clients at an exceptionally competitive price. Cayuse's 41,000 sq. ft. technology delivery center is fully redundant and prepared to meet the needs of government. Our clients include DHS, DHA, DoS, USMC, US Army, HHS/Indian Health Service, Department of Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Bureau of Indian Education, among many more.
The United States Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is responsible for protecting the Nation's critical infrastructure from physical and cyber threats. The mission requires effective coordination among a broad spectrum of government and private sector organizations. CISA collaborates with the Intelligence Community, Sector-Specific Agencies, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), other Federal departments and agencies, the private sector, state and local public-sector officials, and international partners. This team is critical to the DHS mission due to H.R. 3359: Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Act of 2018, Presidential Policy Directive-21: Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience and Executive Order 13636: Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity, among other legislation and directives.
The Executive Briefing Team (EBT) is the element within CISA that supports the overall CISA mission by fusing intelligence and information to provide decision support briefing to CISA leadership. The EBT also synthesizes critical infrastructure information daily to provide strategic-level situational awareness briefings. During incident operations or escalating situations that require ongoing reporting, the EBT surges to a 24-hour briefing capability and provides a suite of products including briefings, and decision and talking points for CISA leadership.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our EBT team.
• Clearly communicate events and incidents to CISA and ISD leadership in accordance with DHS, CISA, and ISD style guidelines.
• Develop documentation to ensure the operational readiness of EBT operations to include:
o Processes to integrate all-hazards approach to information and intelligence information sharing
o Internal EBT standard operating procedures
o Consolidation of existing products and development of templates
o Ensuring briefing equities are captured in CISA doctrine
• Provide support as directed to support CISA incident management operations at CISA Crisis Action Team, FEMA National Response Coordination Center, DHS OPS CAT, Regional Offices or Operations, or other facilities as necessary as surge personnel and support to augment 24 hours a day/7 day a week (24/7) incident management operations on an as needed basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor's degree. Emphasis in Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Public Policy, Public Administration, or English preferred.
• Experience: 3 years of experience in writing, editing or reviewing government policies and procedures
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office; including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and other general software applications.
• Ability to produce high quality results under tight deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong facilitation skills
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Normal physical conditions
• General office environment
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time looking at computer screen
• May be asked to work a flexible schedule which may include holidays
• May be asked to travel for business or professional development purposes
• May be asked to work hours outside of normal business hours
In accordance with President Biden's Executive Order 14042, you must be able to meet all health requirements, including but not limited to, current and future vaccination requirements to infectious diseases such as COVID-19. The Executive Order requires that all federal workers and federal contractor employees be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Technologies is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Recruiting Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.