- 07-Oct-2021 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Shared Services
- Pendleton, OR, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Shared Services (CSS) focuses on the internal business within the Cayuse Family of businesses. CSS provides HR Solutions for Cayuse employees, establishes relationships within the communities Cayuse operates in, and aids with business contract support.
Cayuse Shared Services is looking to hire an IT Generalist. This is a new position in the company that will support the system administration, networking and PBX IT staff. This position will assist maintaining, operating, and deploying systems, networking and PBX solutions for Cayuse and its clients. The position will also assist with help desk responsibilities during downtime/off-hours and approximately every 6 weeks will be responsible to handle an on-call shift for after-hours IT support for one full week (including nights and weekends). Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years of experience in IT administration roles and exhibit excellent communication, attention to detail, self-management, and self-motivation skills.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems
- Install and upgrade server components and software, and regularly assess logs and physical resources to proactively handle issues.
- Manage and maintain a virtual environment including creation of virtual servers, allocation of available resources, and monitoring of physical hosts.
- Perform or automate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Build and maintain software solutions to support the needs of the business; write documentation and provide end-user training for new applications where applicable
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, prioritizing problems, assessing impact of issues, establishing and implementing a plan of action, and documenting findings, actions, and outcomes.
- Plan and perform any required after-hours maintenance, and implement processes to notify affected users of expected changes/downtime while minimizing impact to daily operations.
- Perform helpdesk support tasks, making sure all issues are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions to business operations
- Work in tandem with other IT staff to ensure all systems function efficiently together, adhere to security policies, and provide the best possible end-user experience
- Cross-train with Network Administrator and PBX Administrators in order to provide support during significant project efforts and periods of limited bandwidth, or to backfill when resources are out of office.
- Assist the helpdesk during downtime/off-hours
- One full week of on-call/after-hours/weekend support approximately every 6 weeks
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of experience with documentation/project management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to sit/stand for significant periods of time
- Type 60 words/min
- Excellent communication skills & etiquette
- Presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Project+, and Security+ certifications (or equivalent)
- 4 years of experience in an IT cybersecurity position
- Additional Security/Networking/Systems Administration certifications
- 2 years of experience working in an IT helpdesk team
- Remote office environment
- Work with a computer for most of the day
- Significant time spent looking at a computer monitor
- Short periods working in small/cramped workspaces
- Spend some days working in environments that may be 10+ degrees warmer or cooler than standard room temperatures
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Shared Services is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.