- 10-Sep-2021 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Technologies
- Cache, OK, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Technologies started as a joint venture between Accenture, LLC and the CTUIR in 2006 to create a US-based alternative to offshore delivery centers as a node on Accenture's global delivery network. Cayuse Holdings was created in 2018 and is comprised of 10 family companies, in addition to Cayuse Technologies. Cayuse Holdings is headquartered near Pendleton, OR and has regional offices in Atlanta, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Honolulu, and Washington D.C. Cayuse Holdings continues to be a 100% Indian Owned Economic Enterprise and is a foremost provider of responsible sourcing/certified diversity solutions for both commercial and government clients.
We are seeking a UXO Technician I to join our team. They will be reporting to the Project Manager.
When directed or supervised by a UXO Qualified Person, must be able to:
- Investigate for and classify MEC and MPPEH, including identifying explosives residues in media (soil, oil, etc.), buildings and installed equipment
- Identify different types of military munitions, including identifying whether a military munition's fuze is armed or unarmed.
- Excavate subsurface anomalies for identification.
- Move (e.g., consolidate) MEC, specifically UXO or DMM, within a munitions response site (MRS) or on an operational range after the UXOSO and SUXOS have jointly evaluated and determined the risk of movement to be acceptable.
- Operate vehicles transporting explosives, MPPEH or MDEH on site. (Individuals must be appropriately licensed for the class of vehicle being operated.)
- Transport military munitions, commercial explosives, and/or MDEH that meets the above criteria that has been determined safe for transport over public traffic routes (PTR). Such munitions and explosives must be packaged in a manner that allows their safe transport and complies with Department of Transportation (DOT) and other applicable federal and State laws, and DoD policies. (Note: Only UXO determined to be safe for transport by EOD personnel may be transported over a PTR.)
- Prepare electric and non-electric firing systems.
- Set up decontamination stations and decontaminate contaminated personnel, military munitions and other material of interest (e.g., munitions debris, glass vials) per approved plans. The performance of these functions may require additional training.
- Assist UXOQCP in documenting the explosives safety status of MPPEH.
- Construct engineering controls (protective works)
- Escort personnel who are not directly involved in MEC-related activities (e.g., SW, SP, visitors to cultural sites) on property known or suspected to contain MEC, but have an operations requirement and authorization to access such property. Although escort by a UXOTI is typically performed under the supervision of a UXOQCP, the responsible authority may approve UXO-TI personnel to perform escort duties without supervision. Such approval must be based on an approved risk assessment and implementation of methods to mitigate potential exposures.
- Participate in preparation of required UXO munition response action and/or range maintenance administrative reports
- Maintain a detailed log of daily activities performed on the range, including time and duration, location, and purpose for all UXO avoidance/escort and UXO clearance activities
- Participate in daily site safety briefings
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess and maintain a valid US driver's license.
- Must meet requirements for UXO Technician I classification as specified in DDESB Technical Paper 18
- Prior military EOD experience and/or commercial UXO experience in munitions response actions or range clearance activities, as appropriate for the contracted operation.
- Ability to obtain DoD SECRET clearance, and favorable NAIC and FBI fingerprint checks
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Training Certificate, or ability to complete within the first week of employment
- Current HAZWOPER 8-Hour Refresher Certificate
- Current HAZWOPER Medical Certificate
- Current USACE Resume detailing UXO Experience
- Current state driver's license
- Current First Aid/CPR, or willingness to obtain at first opportunity provided by the employer
- Graduate of a formal training course of EOD instruction, EOD assistant courses or military EOD school of the U.S., Canada, Great Britain, Germany or Australia OR a Graduate of an Accredited UXO Training Course in accordance with DDESB Technical Paper 18. Must provide graduation certificate.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Technologies is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Recruiting Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.