- 02-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Technologies
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Technologies started as a joint venture between Accenture, LLC and the CTUIR in 2006 to create a US-based alternative to offshore delivery centers as a node on Accenture's global delivery network. Cayuse Holdings was created in 2018 and is comprised of 10 family companies, in addition to Cayuse Technologies. Cayuse Holdings is headquartered near Pendleton, OR and has regional offices in Atlanta, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Honolulu, and Washington D.C. Cayuse Holdings continues to be a 100% Indian Owned Economic Enterprise and is a foremost provider of responsible sourcing/certified diversity solutions for both commercial and government clients.
This position will support the US Army Corps of Engineers RITS Program. Provides second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications, and hardware. Handles problems that the first-tier help desk support is unable to resolve. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains currency and highest level of technical skill in field of expertise.
Support responsibilities include software installation and configurations. The Helpdesk Specialist performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs. In this position, the candidate troubleshoots printer, computer, and peripheral incidents, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software.
- AA/AS degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- 6+ years of professional, applicable experience
- Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (examples: A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security certifications)
- Must obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment.
- Must be able to travel to district field site(s) if necessary
- Normal work hours are Monday through Friday; 8 hour shift between 6AM and 6PM local time. After hours support may be required on an infrequent basis.
- Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start
- Experience supporting Windows 10, and MS Office 2013
- Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system.
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Experience maintaining Xerox, Lexmark, HP, or Ricoh printer devices (i.e. installing maintenance kits)
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- Experience supporting Office 365
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Normal physical conditions
- Professional work environment
- Must work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, as needed
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Government Services is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.