- 02-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Technologies
- Walla Walla, WA, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Technologies started as a joint venture between Accenture, LLC and the CTUIR in 2006 to create a US-based alternative to offshore delivery centers as a node on Accenture's global delivery network. Cayuse Holdings was created in 2018 and is comprised of 10 family companies, in addition to Cayuse Technologies. Cayuse Holdings is headquartered near Pendleton, OR and has regional offices in Atlanta, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Honolulu, and Washington D.C. Cayuse Holdings continues to be a 100% Indian Owned Economic Enterprise and is a foremost provider of responsible sourcing/certified diversity solutions for both commercial and government clients.
This position will support the US Army Corps of Engineers RITS Program. Provides second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications, storage, and hardware. Handles problems that the first-tier help desk support is unable to resolve. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains currency and highest level of technical skill in field of expertise.
- Primary POC for local server, network and telecom repair of District infrastructure components.
- Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent Microsoft (MS) Windows Server Operating Systems (OS) on physical and virtual operating environments.
- Assist with hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring milestone compliance while coordinating with application owners to minimize disruptions.
- Demonstrate day-to-day adherence with change management precepts and practices and is responsible for writing Change
- Requests and seeking approval.
- Assist in storage and data management, specifically file and folder permissions.
- Apply DISA STIGs and resolve security vulnerabilities.
- Support operational transition of enterprise solutions into production.
- Work Remedy incidents and requests and provide initial triage of complex tickets.
- BA/BS Degree (4 additional years of experience can be substituted for degree)
- 2 years of experience
- Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level II (example: Security+ CE)
- Must obtain appropriate DOD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment.
- Travel may be required.
- Normal work hours are Monday through Friday; 8 hour shift between 6AM and 6PM local time. After hours support may be required on an infrequent basis.
- Secret Clearance required prior to start.
- Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system.
- Demonstrated professional experience with Windows Server 2012; Windows Server 2016.
- Demonstrated experience with VMware.
- Understanding of technology areas such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, DFS and the ability to maintain other Windows core services.
- Comprehension of NTFS file share permissions.
- Fundamental understanding of authentication mechanisms such as Kerberos and LDAP.
- Basic networking experience (TCP/IP, routing, SSH, OpenVPN)
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and rapidly mastering new applications and technology
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting a plus.
- Cisco Telephony / Router Solutions.
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience.
- Experience supporting Office 365.
Experience working in a DOD environment.
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Normal physical conditions
- Professional work environment
- Must work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, as needed
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Technologies is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Recruiting Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.