- 11-Jun-2021 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Shared Services
- Pendleton, OR, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Shared Services (CSS) focuses on the internal business within the Cayuse Family of businesses. CSS provides HR Solutions for Cayuse employees, establishes relationships within the communities Cayuse operates in, and aids with business contract support.
The Cayuse Apprentice Program will focus on helping CTUIR Tribal members who are attending college achieve a degree and ultimately a career with Cayuse. The participant ("Apprentice") will enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in order to be an effective and respected employee in the company and in the community, and deliver high-quality service as a Cayuse employee. The Program will help ensure that CTUIR Tribal members are equipped and ready to move into key positions at the Cayuse family of companies. Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Core Values of Cayuse.
- Duties and responsibilities in the host department will be specific to that department.
- Provides administrative and operational support to host department staff as needed. May be called upon to assist other Shared Services departments.
- Assists with host-department research projects as requested.
- Assist in completing a full range of tasks associated with the day-to-day running of the host department.
- Learn the company's mission and services, including rotations through the Shared Services departments throughout the year.
- Learn about overall company operations from Shared Services leadership and Executive Team as opportunities are provided.
- Abide by Apprentice Program rules and Cayuse employee handbook and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Throughout the Apprentice's time in the Program, the host department will provide training and learning opportunities specific to that department and the apprentice's area of interest.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Participant must be enrolled in and attending college (or will be when starting this position)
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Ability to learn general office skills, including using Microsoft Office suite and phone /email etiquette.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Will sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Must be able to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Possess the ability/willingness to learn analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must demonstrate a desire to be accurate and complete in performing their work.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in teams or independently
- Normal physical conditions
- General office environment
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time looking at a computer screen
- May be asked to work a flexible schedule which may include holidays
- May be asked to travel for business or professional development purposes
- May be asked to work hours outside of normal business hours
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Shared Services is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.