- 11-Jun-2021 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Talent Solutions
- McLean, VA, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Talent Solutions (CTS) provides top tier talent to government and commercial clients. CTS yields permanent placement, staff augmentation services, and talent management/recruitment consulting services.
We are seeking a Software Developer (React) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean/Herndon, VA with some remote work possible. The qualified applicant will become part of Department of State (DOS), for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative will modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA's customers.
If challenge, growth, and the ability to have a positive impact on your customer and fellow team members is something that interests you, this job is worth your consideration. As part of the modernization program, the Principal Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including software systems engineering activities, requirements definition, prototyping, software design, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Work with the system engineering team to understand customer business needs and priorities
- Develop prototypes to support product and/or technology evaluations
- Design software using industry standard design patterns and best practices to improve maintainability, flexibility, performance, security, and availability
- Utilize software design artifacts created using a model-based engineering strategy (SysML/UML)
- Implement enterprise web-based applications (React technology stack) within a SAFe Agile environment
- Develop single page applications using a client-side rendering framework
- Develop service-based solutions (REST-based web services) using the Java technology stack
- Develop automated unit and integration tests that can be incorporated into CI/CD pipeline
- Support CI/CD initiatives and utilize static code analyzers to ensure high quality source code
- Support software testing activities, including IV&V, and provide timely software defect resolutions
- Provide production and operational support, as needed, to ensure deployed software meets functional and non-functional requirements
- Must have an active Secret clearance or higher
- Bachelor's degree in STEM and at least five (5) years' experience
- Experience supporting software development activities for software projects specializing in development of enterprise web applications (React technology stack)
- Experience with static code analyzers (e.g. CAST, HP Fortify, SonarQube, etc.)
- Experience developing 508 compliant solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Experience in enterprise software system modernization efforts
- Experience with web development, client-side browser technology stack, to implement enterprise web-based applications within a SAFe Agile environment
- Experience in cloud based environments including the development of software that supports architectures that involve public/hybrid clouds
- Experience developing high volume, highly available, and secure software systems
- Experience developing and deploying software systems in an incremental manner using the SAFe Agile methodology
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Talent Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.