- 09-Jun-2021 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Technologies
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Technologies started as a joint venture between Accenture, LLC and the CTUIR in 2006 to create a US-based alternative to offshore delivery centers as a node on Accenture's global delivery network. Cayuse Holdings was created in 2018 and is comprised of 10 family companies, in addition to Cayuse Technologies. Cayuse Holdings is headquartered near Pendleton, OR and has regional offices in Atlanta, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Honolulu, and Washington D.C. Cayuse Holdings continues to be a 100% Indian Owned Economic Enterprise and is a foremost provider of responsible sourcing/certified diversity solutions for both commercial and government clients.
The IT Program Manager is the primary POC for Cayuse's responsibilities related to their contract with the Department of State, DEIS IT support services. The PE acts as the onsite Client Relationship Manager and oversees Team Cayuse's leadership team as they perform the services and complete deliverables as committed. The PE will strive for and instill project delivery excellence, implement effective project management practices, work as a trusted advisor to DoS DEIS personnel, and leverage their substantial IT team leadership experience across the program.
The PE should have proven experience and be able to function well in three primary areas: Department of State client relationship management; large program coordination and execution; and Information Technology implementations, with strength in IT strategy and thought leadership.
- Perform as the primary Team Cayuse POC for the DoS DEIS IT services program, overseeing Team Cayuse IT applications development and operations personnel
- Provide DoS DEIS with a trusted advisor who focuses on understanding mission objectives, and helps to develop strategy, implementation plans, and approaches to deliver on that mission
- Consult senior-level stakeholders across the entire organization to identify mission and technology needs and to optimize the use of information technology
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring delivery performance
Provide direction, guidance, and training to IT staff
- Work with the Team Cayuse PMO to analyze new and complex project-related problems and create innovative solutions that include providing support to the program
- Ensure appropriate levels of communications are established and maintained throughout the project lifecycle
- Supervise Team Cayuse to create an atmosphere of trust, seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation and coaching staff, including providing timely, meaningful written and verbal feedback
- Collaborate and coordinate with Project Managers, SME's, Technical Architects, Solution Architects, Developers, and Operations teams to interpret client requirements and craft solutions that satisfy those requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 7+ years in a federal government information technology environment functioning in a program/project management, business operations, SME, or project control role.
- Preference for Department of State experience
- 12+ years of experience working in IT related endeavors, including systems integration projects, application support and operations programs, supervising technology teams, and overseeing large information technology projects
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Must be able to pass a background check and additional background checks as required by projects and/or clients at any time during employment.
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of project management principles
- Solid understanding of Project Management functions in an IT or Business Process setting
- Solid knowledge of ITIL and related methods, tools, and techniques
- Solid understanding of government contract types, certification requirements, and related contract terms and conditions
- Working knowledge of basic Federal Contracting is highly desired
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint/OneNote, etc.
- Preferred experience in a SBA Tribal 8(a) business, HUBZone, and other social-economic contract preference environments
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the FAR and other government regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of federal business practices with a working knowledge of managing projects in a federal environment, including contractual obligations and risks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated and is at ease with handling or managing multiple tasks at any one time
- Excellent business acumen and industry acumen
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, yet as part of a team.
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Normal physical conditions
- Professional work environment
- Must work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, as needed
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Technologies is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.