- 26-Mar-2021 to Until Filled (HST)
- Native Hawaiian Veterans
- Fort Polk South, LA, USA
- Full Time
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC is a Native Hawaiian Owned, Service Disabled Veterans Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), SDB, SBA 8(a), MBE, UDBE, and EEO/W/M/Vet/Disabled Company that provides services, solutions, and products in the areas of Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Information Technology, Communication Equipment, Professional Staff Augmentation, Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) Remediation, and Strategic Communications/Creative Services.
Our mission is to be a trusted partner earning customer loyalty while fostering growth and profitability for our Ohana and enriching our community.
Physical Therapist to perform services at Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital, Ft. Polk, LA. Physical therapists teach patients how to prevent or manage their condition so that they will achieve long-term health benefits. PTs examine each individual and develop a plan, using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. This is a Monday to Friday position from 0730 to 1630 with unpaid 30-minute daily break
- Perform a full range of physical therapist services in accordance with the scope of clinical privileges granted by the MTF.
- Plan and prepare written treatment programs based on an evaluation of the patient.
- Administer manual exercises to improve and maintain function.
- Instruct, motivate, and assist patients in performing various physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, daily-living activities, and in use of assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Administer soft tissue mobilization, applying knowledge of mobilization techniques and body physiology.
- Administer traction to relieve pain, using traction equipment.
- Record treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart and/or automated systems.
- Coordinate treatment with physician and other staff members to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program and integrate physical therapy treatment with other aspects of the patient's health care.
- Contact referring physicians regarding patient care concerns, as required.
- Perform prevention and wellness activities, education, screening, and promote positive health behaviors.
- Master's degree in physical therapy or Baccalaureate degree in physical therapy for graduates prior to January 1, 2002.
- Graduate from a college or university approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a physical therapist.
- Must possess Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Must be able to pass a government background clearance (SF-85)
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Technologies is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.