- 18-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Government Services
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Government Services (CGS) is committed to excellence by providing innovative and flexible solutions to State, Municipal and Tribal government clients. CGS also provides mission-critical technology delivery as a shared service in our Oregon Technology Delivery Center, which also provides support to CGS' Federal Government clients. Core service areas for CGS include Information Technology Consulting & Integration Services, Centers of Excellence (CoE's), Document/Image Management & Processing, and Service Desk/Help Desk (L1, L2, L3, Deskside) Support Services.
We are interviewing
The Proposal Specialist is responsible for developing timely, high quality, and competitive proposals. They will also work with Managers & Business Development professionals identifying and vetting opportunities through government procurement websites and other similar public sources of information. The Proposal Coordinator / Proposal Manager will develop marketing materials (e.g. RFI, Sources Sought, etc.), presentations, proposals, and quotations and ensuring that documents are aligned with company standards. They will also facilitate and manage the entire proposal management process. The Proposal Coordinator / Proposal Manager works to edit and design proposal documents from start to finish. They also communicate the proposal in various ways, including graphic layouts, call out boxes, and PowerPoint presentations. This may include developing templates for all future proposals or ensuring that an established template is followed. They will also work with team members to ensure that deadlines are met and assignments are in compliance. In many situations, the Proposal Coordinator / Proposal Manager could be working on multiple proposals at the same time; time management is necessary. The Proposal Coordinator / Proposal Manager is also responsible for communicating the progress of proposals to Executive Management. The individual should be familiar with the government industry, have good communications and teamwork skills, strong writing and document management skills, as well as enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Create the layout, formatting, and design of proposals in compliance with government requirements
- Draft proposal portions such as introduction, overview, project approach and cover letter
- Create / Manage entire proposal management process, including but not limited to capture, bid-no/bid, compliance matrices, drafts, color team reviews, facilitate meetings, and final production
- Synthesize proposal materials into final client ready package
- General to advanced knowledge of procurement websites of government agencies and departments.
- Understand how to utilize the tools offered by each website to highlight current and future opportunities
- Perform daily queries on procurement websites, ability to provide preliminary evaluation of opportunity for potential bid
- Manage past performance citations, resumes and proposal reuse materials' libraries
- Interface with sub's and prime to gather proposal document data
- Understand capabilities/offerings and how they can possibly translate into potential work
- Understand how to navigate various procurement websites to find relevant information leading to opportunity recognition and evaluation
- Ability to make the right call regarding opportunities and their applicability to company capabilities and client alignment. Knowing when to escalate opportunities to the next level.
- Ability to format documents into a succinct, cohesive format based on marketing or proposal guidelines and templates.
- Ability to work closely with Executive Management, multiple Subcontractors, and Government stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible and work in a problem-solving environment
- Outstanding work habits and dedication to company and its success
- Ability to work in a repetitive environment, maintaining focus and understanding of the objectives of the role
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Meets commitments and provides weekly status reports
- Prefer four-year degree with 3+ years experience in technical writing or proposal writing; minimum two-year Associates Degree or five (5) or more years of work experience in a broad range of business and/or government related environments
- Prior Federal Government proposal experience required
- Advanced to Expert in Shipley or equivalent proposal processes and compliance
- Must have extremely strong word processing, organization, verbal communication, and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft and Adobe products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat, etc.
- Ability to navigate structured websites, by using unstructured keyword searches to find opportunities relevant to capabilities
- Experience reading and analyzing Government requests for proposal (RFPs), requests for quotation (RFQs), Sources Sought, and Request for Information (RFI)
- Ability to accurately and timely complete required documentation and meet deadlines
- Possesses a customer service mentality, polite and friendly, providing assistance and information in a timely manner, taking responsibility and owning problems until resolved and communicating broadly and courteously through appropriate use of interpersonal styles and methods
- Contributes to the accomplishments of team objectives; works collaboratively as a team member towards solutions; solicits input from other team members, demonstrates respect for the ideas and opinions of others, employs trust and openness
- Is punctual and understands the importance of being at work as scheduled and the importance of deadlines.
- Must be able to pass a background check and additional background checks as required by projects and/or clients at any time during employment.
- Self-starter, ability to independently, yet as part of a team.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Government Services is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.