- 11-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Government Services
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Government Services (CGS) is committed to excellence by providing innovative and flexible solutions to State, Municipal and Tribal government clients. CGS also provides mission-critical technology delivery as a shared service in our Oregon Technology Delivery Center, which also provides support to CGS' Federal Government clients. Core service areas for CGS include Information Technology Consulting & Integration Services, Centers of Excellence (CoE's), Document/Image Management & Processing, and Service Desk/Help Desk (L1, L2, L3, Deskside) Support Services.
The Managing Director (MD) - Business Development & Capture is responsible for achieving the sales goals of the Cayuse Government Business Unit, primarily through developing and capturing business with the Federal government, but also State, Local and Tribal governments. This includes developing sales plans based on company goals that will promote profitable sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. In addition to overseeing, the BD & Capture functions for Cayuse Government Services the MD will manage a team of business development professionals dedicated to winning new and repeat business from new and existing clients, and working closely with Program Managers and Client Account Directors as they pursue new growth opportunities. The MD will also pursue business development on his/her own, working to bring in new clients and revenue on an annual basis.
- Work closely with the Managing Director Proposal Management to assist with managing qualified opportunities through Cayuse's modified Shipley processes. Ensuring BD personnel participate actively from opportunity ideation through contract award.
- Define the Business Unit's approach to sales, business development and capture, and developing the annual plan/budget to attain growth as outlined by the BU Executive Managing Director, as committed to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Manages a team of Business Development Directors whose primary responsibility is to achieve new sales from targeted clients and approved opportunities each year. Leads the acquisition of new talent of Business Development personnel to continue meeting Cayuse's strategic goals for the Business Unit.
- Works closely with our Regional Managing Directors and the Program Managers in their regions to assist them in growing existing contract revenue or new revenue from existing clients.
- Implements a sales/capture process that strengthens Cayuse's go-to-market capabilities, and improves our overall win rate.
- Leverages existing relationships and develops new relationships in the government mission and programs space to identify and qualify business opportunities; researching and analyzing capture options
- Plan and execute proven capture strategies and develop plans and techniques that will convince potential clients to do business with the company;
- As a member of the Bid/No Bid team, makes informed decisions about whether Cayuse pursues an opportunity
- Establishes trusting, honest broker relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending solutions to their challenges and opportunities
- Identifies and qualifies potential teaming partners and business relationships that result in the development of winning proposals and successful delivery
- Understand and translate buyer requirements into mission relevant solutions
- Works closely with Client Account Directors/PMs to manage all client interaction throughout the sales/capture cycle;
- Assist in helping the Capture and Pricing teams with understanding client requirements and inputs required to create project work plans and cost estimates
- Align solution architecture (including statement of work, schedules and other contractual documents) with final terms and conditions
- Take an active role in Bid/No Bid discussions, proposal strategies, drafting proposal content, and quality reviews of proposals
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field, MBA a plus
- Minimum 15 years of successful government capture, business development, and marketing experience in Federal Government client environments, including intimate knowledge of and relationships with one or more Agencies/Departments, DOD Unified Commands or Programs
- Current or former security clearance, ability to obtain required clearance a plus
- Veteran status a plus
- Advanced sales/capture and marketing skills, including proven experience marketing or selling services and products to government buyers while communicating past performance and capabilities which differentiate Cayuse from other small businesses;
- Demonstrated experience in a SBA Tribal 8(a) business environment, including benefits to clients of the program and its participants;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the FAR, DFAR and other government regulations;
- Demonstrated understanding of federal business practices with a working knowledge of costing, pricing, and profit margins, including contractual obligations and risks;
- Proficient with federal market dynamics, in particular solutions and technologies that are hot in the market and at what price points customers are buying them;
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with federal contracting approaches and vehicles, including IDIQs, CTAs, Category Management, best in breed, etc.
- Familiarity and experience with DCAA compliant accounting systems; Deltek CostPoint a plus
- Proficient in government and commercial opportunity mining resources, i.e., GovWinIQ, Bloomberg, SAM, etc.
- Working knowledge of Shipley processes for business development and proposal management
- Existing relationships with potential clients and teaming partners, such that one can "hit the ground running" required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to travel for short term assignments
- Highly motivated and is at ease with handling or managing multiple tasks at any one time
- Excellent business acumen and industry acumen
- Ability to forge new relationships, individual and teaming in nature
- Must be able to pass a background check and additional background checks as required by projects and/or clients at any time during employment.
- Self-starter, ability to independently, yet as part of a team
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Government Services is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.