- 11-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Government Services
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Government Services (CGS) is committed to excellence by providing innovative and flexible solutions to State, Municipal and Tribal government clients. CGS also provides mission-critical technology delivery as a shared service in our Oregon Technology Delivery Center, which also provides support to CGS' Federal Government clients. Core service areas for CGS include Information Technology Consulting & Integration Services, Centers of Excellence (CoE's), Document/Image Management & Processing, and Service Desk/Help Desk (L1, L2, L3, Deskside) Support Services.
The Business Development Director - Department of Defense (DOD) - Missions & Programs - Business Development/Capture position is responsible for developing and executing the business development and business capture functions related to Cayuse's federal government practice, focused primarily on Department of Defense missions and programs. This includes developing sales plans based on company goals that will promote profitable sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. Additionally they will be responsible for interpreting and translating client requirements into innovative solutions that meet the customers stated requirements and mission objectives.
- Leverages existing relationships and develops new relationships in the DoD mission and programs space to identify and qualify business opportunities; researching and analyzing capture options;
- Plan and execute proven capture strategies and develop plans and techniques that will convince potential clients to do business with the company;
- Establishes trusting, honest broker relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending solutions to their challenges and opportunities;
- Works closely with Contracting Officers to craft executable delivery approaches and fair contractual outcomes based on mutual interests;
Identifies and qualifies potential teaming partners and business relationships that result in the development of winning proposals and successful delivery;
- Understand and translate buyer requirements into mission relevant solutions;
- Managing all client interaction throughout the sales/capture cycle;
- Assist or lead where possible, in the preparation of the project estimates, schedules, work plans, resource/sourcing plans. Understand and clearly define the input required to create cost estimates;
- Align solution architecture (including statement of work, schedules and other contractual documents) with final terms and conditions;
- Take an active role in Bid/No Bid discussions, proposal strategies, drafting proposal content, and quality reviews of proposals;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field, MBA a plus;
- Minimum 8 years of successful government capture, business development, and marketing experience in Department of Defense (DoD) client environments, including intimate knowledge of and relationships with one or more departments, unified commands or programs; Veteran status a plus;
- Current or former security clearance, ability to obtain required clearance a plus
- Advanced sales/capture and marketing skills, including proven experience marketing or selling services and products to government buyers while communicating past performance and capabilities which differentiate Cayuse from other small businesses;
- Demonstrated experience in a SBA Tribal 8(a) business environment, including benefits to clients of the program and its participants;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the FAR and other government regulations;
- Demonstrated understanding of federal business practices with a working knowledge of costing, pricing, and profit margins, including contractual obligations and risks;
- Proficient with federal market dynamics, in particular solutions and technologies that are hot in the market and at what price points customers are buying them;
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with federal contracting approaches and vehicles, including IDIQs, CTAs, Category Management, best in breed, etc.
- Familiarity and experience with DCAA compliant accounting systems; Deltek CostPoint a plus
Proficient in government and commercial opportunity mining resources, i.e., GovWin, Bloomberg, SAM, etc.
- Working knowledge of Shipley processes for business development and proposal management
- Existing relationships with potential clients and teaming partners, such that one can "hit the ground running" required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to travel for short term assignments
- Self-starter, well-connected in the federal arena
- Highly motivated and is at ease with handling or managing multiple tasks at any one time
- Excellent business acumen and industry acumen
- Ability to forge new relationships, individual and teaming in nature
- Must be able to pass a background check and additional background checks as required by projects and/or clients at any time during employment.
- Self-starter, ability to independently, yet as part of a team.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Government Services is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.