- Ithaca, NY, USA
- Full Time
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN US?
WE VALUE OUR TEAM!
When you come to work for Cayuga Medical Associates, you join a growing multispecialty physician group practice based in the heart of the Finger Lakes in upstate New York, with more than 22 specialties located in Tompkins, Cortland, and Schuyler Counties. Partnering with Cayuga Medical Center, we strive to provide the best patient care in our region. Our commitment to service excellence sets us apart. Our Cornerstones: Patient-Centered Excellence, Teamwork, Safety, Respect, and Professionalism, guide us as we provide care for our community.
As a part of those Cornerstones, it's very important to us that we create a work environment where people feel welcomed, comfortable, valued for what they bring to the organization, and recognized for their contributions. It goes beyond salary and benefits. We work hard to develop an environment and culture that attracts top-quality talent. That is what sets Cayuga Medical Associates apart.
- We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including sign-on bonuses for eligible positions, as well as liberal paid time-off
- Our full-time and our benefited part-time employees receive the same benefits package (paid time-off benefits are prorated for part-timers)
- Health insurance coverage becomes effective within four weeks of your start date.
- PTO is available to use immediately!
- Tuition reimbursement is available for career-related education.
What's the role? To optimize revenue and maximize control procedures at the assigned practice which is achieved by Monitoring and auditing performance metrics of all front-end staff with regard to revenue cycle responsibilities and providing input from audits to the Reimbursement Manager. Acts as the practice management system super-user for patient accounts/ledger information. Reports updates to the Reimbursement Manager of outstanding issues for billing purposes on services provided by the providers and or clinical staff that influence patient satisfaction.
Reports to: Revenue Cycle Supervisor/Reimbursement Manager
What you'll do:
- Maintains current expert knowledge in billing and revenue cycle
- Audits performance metrics for Revenue Cycle Billing assuring that performance meets expectations
- Acts as the super-user for the practice management system in regards to patient accounts/ledger. Acts as a resource to Front End Lead staff and or Office Coordinator
- Reviews all claims for completeness before submitting to coding
- Reports regularly with Reimbursement Manager on any revenue cycle issues
- Attend monthly Revenue Cycle meetings to review any revenue cycle issues
- Attends training on payer updates (i.e. workman's comp changes, etc)
- Follows Cayuga Medical Associates process on submitting patient statements, collection letters and calls weekly. Monitor patient accounts, contacts patients on insurance eligibility questions
- Works with Cayuga Health Systems with financial assistance. Work on spreadsheet data entry, eligibility, patient notification and coordinates with the Cayuga Health System.
- Notifies Revenue Cycle Manager of any new procedures
- Assists in creating financial plans for patients by phone and in person and monitoring compliance in accordance with billing office procedures
- Refers appropriate patient accounts to our internal financial assistance department
- Possess a strong knowledge of the EMR as related to billing and capturing of services
- Performs insurance eligibilities by phone or online at specific insurance sites
- Provides reports and excel spreadsheets as requested by supervisor/managers
- Will work with all locations on daily cash out process
- Will post personal payments to accounts daily and balance daysheet daily
- Will provide training for appropriate staff with new processes and procedures as they pertain to the Revenue Cycle Department
- Supplies a monthly report to the Revenue Cycle Supervisor on the status of current duties/projects
- When needed will key charges to the practice management system, perform the review and forward to coding
- Works with our outside billing company on claims that need to be reprocessed
- First contact for patients on account balance information
- Monitors insurance eligibility and communicates with staff and patients
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of revenue cycle process
- Expert knowledge of billing/coding per specialty
- Expert knowledge of the PM system which includes the creation of customized reports
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail - must perform critical tasks with 100% accuracy
- Ability to create moderately complex spreadsheets and reports
- Ability to receive data and create basic analysis
- Ability to teach and provide feedback
- Ability to interact openly and confidently with all levels of staff and providers
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to think creatively to problem solve and create solutions to difficult situations
- High School graduate, associates in business management highly preferred or appropriate mix of education/experience
- Additional education, coursework or certification in medical office billing and/or coding (specific to the designated specialty)
- 2-3 years of experience in medical office billing and revenue cycle management
- Demonstrated track record of high attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to provide instruction and education
- Sitting: 70%
- Standing: 30%
- Reaching: 80%
- Bending: 10%
- Lifting: must be able to lift 40 lb.
- Pleasant conditions; comfortable indoor climate with suitable equipment and tools to carry out the responsibilities of the job.
- Persons in this job may be exposed to communicable disease through patient care and interaction.
*Please note, not all of the listed skills are necessary to be qualified or considered for this role.
What does CMA offer?
CMA offers an agile, inclusive, and supportive culture where every employee is respected. CMA is based in beautiful Ithaca, NY where nature abounds and a strong sense of community thrives. Ithaca is home to two esteemed institutes of higher education, Ithaca College and the world-renowned Cornell University. Ithaca offers four dynamic seasons for outdoor enthusiasts, as well as easy access to urban opportunities within a half-day drive (i.e., Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, New York City, Boston, and Philadelphia).
- Benefits begin within 1 month of hire
- Generous PTO package available
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development stipends and malpractice insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Tuition assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Cell phone discount
- Major holidays off
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!