- Ithaca, NY, USA
- Full Time
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN US?
WE VALUE OUR TEAM!
When you come to work for Cayuga Medical Associates, you join a growing multispecialty physician group practice based in the heart of the Finger Lakes in upstate New York, with more than 22 specialties located in Tompkins, Cortland, and Schuyler Counties. Partnering with Cayuga Medical Center, we strive to provide the best patient care in our region. Our commitment to service excellence sets us apart. Our Cornerstones: Patient-Centered Excellence, Teamwork, Safety, Respect, and Professionalism, guide us as we provide care for our community.
As a part of those Cornerstones, it's very important to us that we create a work environment where people feel welcomed, comfortable, valued for what they bring to the organization, and recognized for their contributions. It goes beyond salary and benefits. We work hard to develop an environment and culture that attracts top-quality talent. That is what sets Cayuga Medical Associates apart.
- We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including sign-on bonuses for eligible positions, as well as liberal paid time-off
- Our full-time and our benefited part-time employees receive the same benefits package (paid time-off benefits are prorated for part-timers)
- Health insurance coverage becomes effective within four weeks of your start date.
- PTO is available to use immediately!
- Tuition reimbursement is available for career-related education.
What's the role:
In outpatient practices, RN's support the physicians and/or mid-level providers in the practice with clinical activities and direct patient care including rooming the patients, telephone triage, and communication/education to patients and families with regard to diagnoses and treatments.
- Use critical thinking and problem solving skills in communicating with staff, pharmacies, insurance companies, patients, etc
- Patient advocacy and care coordination
- Cover all duties assigned to other clinical staff as needed due to volume or staff absence
- Provides guidance to LPN/Medical Assistant staff
- Take calls from patients, pharmacies, insurance companies, DME suppliers, other offices or facilities
- Call patients regarding lab results and medications as directed by the provider
- Take calls from pharmacies
- Triage bins first thing in morning, prioritize new items that came in overnight
- Act on items based on urgency
- Review prior authorization bins Friday and Monday and in the absence of the prior authorization specialist. Advise on urgency and priority of existing requests as needed.
- Ensure there are no outstanding items in document boxes. Any document requiring provider action or requiring additional work is to be put into a triage. Typically, items in this box should be less than 24 hours old.
Pump and CGM:
- Responsible for uploading pumps and CGM's
- Help trouble shoot pump/CGM issues if the CRNA is not on site. Send non-urgent pump/CGM issues to CRNA.
- Place sensors at provider's direction
- Injection training
- Basic diabetes education as needed
- Educate patients regarding tests and treatments
- Follow protocol for pre-visit planning (protocol TBD)
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Graduation from an accredited RN program
- Current NYS license as a Registered Nurse
- Demonstrate clinical competency, as defined by organizational standards and protocols
- Knowledge of nursing, anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Knowledge of diseases and treatment
- Knowledge of equipment, sterile techniques and procedures of treatment
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Knowledge and application of medical chart requirements
- Medical assessment skills
- Knowledge of the practice management system, EMR and scheduling protocols
- Basic keyboard skill
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains highest level of confidentiality at all times with both patient and organizational information
- High level of accuracy in performing responsibilities
- Exceptional service attitude and communication style
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- BLS certification
*Please note, not all of the listed skills are necessary to be qualified or considered for this role.
What does CMA offer?
CMA offers an agile, inclusive, and supportive culture where every employee is respected. CMA is based in beautiful Ithaca, NY where nature abounds and a strong sense of community thrives. Ithaca is home to two esteemed institutes of higher education, Ithaca College and the world-renowned Cornell University. Ithaca offers four dynamic seasons for outdoor enthusiasts, as well as easy access to urban opportunities within a half-day drive (i.e., Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, New York City, Boston, and Philadelphia).
- Benefits begin within 1 month of hire
- Generous PTO package available
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development stipends and malpractice insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Tuition assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Cell phone discount
- Major holidays off
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!