- Ithaca, NY, USA
- Full Time
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN US?
WE VALUE OUR TEAM!
When you come to work for Cayuga Medical Associates, you join a growing multispecialty physician group practice based in the heart of the Finger Lakes in upstate New York, with more than 22 specialties located in Tompkins, Cortland, and Schuyler Counties. Partnering with Cayuga Medical Center, we strive to provide the best patient care in our region. Our commitment to service excellence sets us apart. Our Cornerstones: Patient-Centered Excellence, Teamwork, Safety, Respect, and Professionalism, guide us as we provide care for our community.
As a part of those Cornerstones, it's very important to us that we create a work environment where people feel welcomed, comfortable, valued for what they bring to the organization, and recognized for their contributions. It goes beyond salary and benefits. We work hard to develop an environment and culture that attracts top-quality talent. That is what sets Cayuga Medical Associates apart.
- We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including sign-on bonuses for eligible positions, as well as liberal paid time-off
- Our full-time and our benefited part-time employees receive the same benefits package (paid time-off benefits are prorated for part-timers)
- Health insurance coverage becomes effective within four weeks of your start date.
- PTO is available to use immediately!
- Tuition reimbursement is available for career-related education.
Actively seeking an LPN who desires to be part of our expanding Endocrinology practice in Ithaca and surrounding areas. Our endocrine providers specialize in hormone management and diseases including diabetes and thyroid. Our team consists of one physician, a nurse practitioner, a physician assistant and a registered nurse. The LPN will work with our clinical and office staff to ensure optimal patient care.
Responsibilities of the LPN may include rooming patients, managing efficient patient flow and providing professional nursing care to patients. In addition, the LPN would share clinical administration responsibilities such as obtaining prior authorizations, and telephonic patient calls bridging information between the patients and providers, completing forms, assisting with prior authorizations, RX set up, and order set up.
What's the role: The Licensed Practical Nurse supports the physicians and/or mid-level providers in the practice with clinical activities and direct patient care. The clinical assistant may also assist in appointment scheduling and other related activities for optimal patient service.
Working hours are Monday-Friday 7:45am-4:15pm. (Flexible, dependable on clinic needs)
Reports to: the Office Manager, Practice Manager or Clinical Supervisor, as per each practice structure.
What you'll do: (Under the direction of the physician or nurse manager, RN)
- Perform clinical duties in accordance with the scope of practice per LPN license and in accordance with NYS laws and regulations.
- Carry out all assigned clinical procedures for the comfort and well-being of patients, per practice protocol.
- Take and record patient's vital signs.
- Prepare exam rooms and sterilize equipment and supplies per protocols.
- Assist physicians/providers with procedures, patient care and/or scheduling, per office protocol
- Provide call management for physicians/providers with regard to clinical questions, prescription refills, test results and other patient calls per practice protocols.
- Prepare patient's record for visit, as directed by physician/provider.
- Participates in scheduled team meetings to discuss /clarify roles, responsibility, processes, and patient issues
- Participates in quality improvement activities and committees, as requested.
- Huddle with nursing staff 7:45am-7:55am to review patient list and prepare for the day
- Backup for Medical Assistant (rooming, A1c, vitals)
- Vital signs and intake documentation (50 words or less) in nurse note
- Device downloads (Libre, Dexcom, Tandem, Medtronic, Omnipod)
- Glucometer data (sequential AM and PM blood glucose in nurse note)
- Point of care A1c for all diabetic patients if >90 days from last A1c
- Backup for RN (prior authorization)
- Setup and queue prescriptions to providers
- Check and document refrigerator temps, clinic supplies, BP cuffs, etc
- Maintain A1c controls and supplies
- Report to manager when supplies need to be ordered
- Each day you will identify patients who need (1) A1c and/or (2) device download
- Review new patient visits scheduled 2 or more days in advance
- Backup for RN
- Triage documentation (Gather information from patient, send to provider for review, call patient to relay provider response)
- Procedure referrals handled by LPN/RN (fine needle aspiration, mixed meal tolerance test, infusion orders, cosyntropin testing, NM thyroid uptake scans
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Graduation from an accredited LPN program
- Current NYS licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Demonstrated clinical competency
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of diseases and treatment
- Ability to apply aseptic tech and sterilization
- Knowledge of the practice management system, EMR and scheduling protocols
- Basic keyboard skill
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy in performing responsibilities
- Exceptional service attitude and communication style
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Standing-- 70%
- Sitting-- 30%
- Reaching-- 80%
- Bending-- 50%
- Lifting - must be able to lift 40 lb.
- Pleasant conditions; comfortable indoor climate with suitable equipment and tools to carry out the responsibilities of the job.
- Persons in this job may be exposed to communicable disease through patient care and interaction.
What does CMA offer?
CMA offers an agile, inclusive, and supportive culture where every employee is respected. CMA is based in beautiful Ithaca, NY where nature abounds and a strong sense of community thrives. Ithaca is home to two esteemed institutes of higher education, Ithaca College and the world-renowned Cornell University. Ithaca offers four dynamic seasons for outdoor enthusiasts, as well as easy access to urban opportunities within a half-day drive (i.e., Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, New York City, Boston, and Philadelphia).
- Benefits begin within 1 month of hire
- Generous PTO package available
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development stipends and malpractice insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Tuition assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Cell phone discount
- Major holidays off
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!