- Ithaca, NY, USA
- Part Time
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN US?
WE VALUE OUR TEAM!
When you come to work for Cayuga Medical Associates, you join a growing multispecialty physician group practice based in the heart of the Finger Lakes in upstate New York, with more than 22 specialties located in Tompkins, Cortland, and Schuyler Counties. Partnering with Cayuga Medical Center, we strive to provide the best patient care in our region. Our commitment to service excellence sets us apart. Our Cornerstones: Patient-Centered Excellence, Teamwork, Safety, Respect, and Professionalism, guide us as we provide care for our community.
As a part of those Cornerstones, it's very important to us that we create a work environment where people feel welcomed, comfortable, valued for what they bring to the organization, and recognized for their contributions. It goes beyond salary and benefits. We work hard to develop an environment and culture that attracts top-quality talent. That is what sets Cayuga Medical Associates apart.
- We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including sign-on bonuses for eligible positions, as well as liberal paid time-off
- Our full-time and our benefited part-time employees receive the same benefits package (paid time-off benefits are prorated for part-timers)
- Health insurance coverage becomes effective within four weeks of your start date.
- PTO is available to use immediately!
- Tuition reimbursement is available for career-related education.
The team at Cayuga Orthopedics specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and disorders of the skeletal system and associated joints, muscles, and ligaments. The provider teams at Cayuga Orthopedics care for all types of musculoskeletal injuries, both surgical and nonsurgical, and have a wealth of expertise in general orthopedics, sports medicine, surgery of the foot and ankle, hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder, and joint replacement. We are a busy outpatient practice with a large clinical and clerical team to support our patient load. Cayuga Orthopedics prides itself on being a high-energy work environment where staff has ample opportunity to learn and grow as professionals. We are dedicated to creating a positive work environment that epitomizes the cornerstones of Cayuga Medical Associates: Patient-centered excellence, Teamwork, Safety, Respect, and Professionalism.
What you'll do:
- Perform clinical duties in accordance with the scope of practice per LPN license and in accordance with NYS laws and regulations.
- Carry out all assigned clinical procedures for the comfort and well-being of patients, per practice protocol.
- Take and record patient's vital signs.
- Prepare exam rooms and sterilize equipment and supplies per protocols.
- Assist physicians/providers with procedures, patient care and/or scheduling, per office protocol.
- Provide call management for physicians/providers with regard to clinical questions, prescription refills, test results and other patient calls per practice protocols.
- Prepare patient's record for visit, as directed by physician/provider.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Graduation from an accredited LPN program
- Current NYS licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Demonstrated clinical competency
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of diseases and treatment
- Ability to apply aseptic tech and sterilization
- Knowledge of practice management system, EMR and scheduling protocols
- Basic keyboard skill
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy in performing responsibilities
- Exceptional service attitude and communication style
- Professional appearance and demeanor
*Please note, not all of the listed skills are necessary to be qualified or considered for this role.
What does CMA offer?
CMA offers an agile, inclusive, and supportive culture where every employee is respected. CMA is based in beautiful Ithaca, NY where nature abounds and a strong sense of community thrives. Ithaca is home to two esteemed institutes of higher education, Ithaca College and the world-renowned Cornell University. Ithaca offers four dynamic seasons for outdoor enthusiasts, as well as easy access to urban opportunities within a half-day drive (i.e., Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, New York City, Boston, and Philadelphia).
- Benefits begin within 1 month of hire
- Generous PTO package available
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development stipends and malpractice insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Tuition assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Cell phone discount
- Major holidays off
Find more information at our website:
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!