WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN US?
WE VALUE OUR TEAM!
When you come to work for Cayuga Medical Associates, you join a multidisciplinary physician group with more than 22 specialties located in Tompkins, Cortland, and Schuyler Counties. Our commitment to service excellence sets us apart. Our Cornerstones: Patient-Centered Excellence, Teamwork, Safety, Respect, and Professionalism, guide us as we provide care for our community.
As a part of those Cornerstones, it's very important to us that we create a work environment where people feel welcomed, comfortable, valued for what they bring to the organization, and recognized for their contributions. It goes beyond salary and benefits. We work hard to develop an environment and culture that attracts top-quality talent. That is what sets Cayuga Medical Associates apart.
- We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including sign-on bonus* for eligible positions, as well as liberal paid time-off
- Our full-time and our benefited part-time employees receive the same benefits package (paid time-off benefits are prorated for part-timers)
- Health insurance coverage becomes effective within four weeks of your start date.
- PTO is available to use immediately!
- Tuition reimbursement is available for career-related education.
The benefits specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs for Cayuga Medical Associates, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 403b plan. This position also administers leave of absence programs such as FMLA, NYPFL, Workers compensation, Short/long term disability programs.
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments for new employee onboarding, open enrollment, and other life event changes in the HRIS to provide our vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Works with payroll to oversee benefits reconciliations with vendors and reconciles employee deductions as related to leave of absence events.
- Oversees/manages annual open enrollment process
- Oversees/manages 403b true up on an annual basis
- Responsible for overall benefits compliance and compliance testing
- Assists with new-hire benefits enrollments.
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Works directly with CMA broker to enroll employees with carriers and process life status changes.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes, and other general inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA, ADA, PFL, and other job-protected leaves for implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities. Works collaboratively with employees to assist them with the leave of absence process.
- Maintains FMLA/LOA management tool.
- Responds to 403b inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes, and contribution amounts.
- Administers the tuition reimbursement program.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree in HR or related field, experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education.
- Two years experience in HR and/or benefits administration.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field preferred. CEBS certification preferred.
Cayuga Medical Associates PC is a growing multispecialty group practice based in the heart of the Finger Lakes in upstate New York. CMA currently offers over 22 outpatient specialties to the Ithaca, Cortland, and surrounding communities. Partnering with Cayuga Medical Center, we strive to provide the best patient care in our region.
CMA offers an agile, inclusive, and supportive culture where every employee is respected. CMA is based in beautiful Ithaca, NY where nature abounds and a strong sense of community thrives. Ithaca is home to two esteemed institutes of higher education, Ithaca College and the world-renowned Cornell University. Ithaca offers four dynamic seasons for outdoor enthusiasts, as well as easy access to urban opportunities within a half-day drive (i.e., Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, New York City, Boston, and Philadelphia). CMA also offers:
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development stipends and malpractice insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Tuition assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Cell phone discount
- Major holidays off
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!