WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN US?
WE VALUE OUR TEAM!
When you come to work for Cayuga Medical Associates, you join a multidisciplinary physician group with more than 22 specialties located in Tompkins, Cortland, and Schuyler Counties. Our commitment to service excellence sets us apart. Our Cornerstones: Patient-Centered Excellence, Teamwork, Safety, Respect, and Professionalism, guide us as we provide care for our community.
As a part of those Cornerstones, it's very important to us that we create a work environment where people feel welcomed, comfortable, valued for what they bring to the organization, and recognized for their contributions. It goes beyond salary and benefits. We work hard to develop an environment and culture that attracts top-quality talent. That is what sets Cayuga Medical Associates apart.
- We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including a sign-on bonus* for eligible positions, as well as liberal paid time-off
- Our full-time and our benefited part-time employees receive the same benefits package (paid time-off benefits are prorated for part-timers)
- Health insurance coverage becomes effective within four weeks of your start date.
- PTO is available to use immediately!
- Tuition reimbursement is available for career-related education.
Reports to: System Compliance Director and CMA Board of Directors
This management position is responsible for ensuring the Board, Management, and Employees remain in compliance with all regulations, requirements, and reporting results of compliance and ethics of the organization.
CMA Pledge to Service Excellence:
All CMA employees are required to display the following cornerstones in representing themselves as an employee of Cayuga Medical Associates:
- Patient-Centered Excellence: We will provide exceptional and compassionate care, one patient at a time.
- Teamwork: We will work together as a cohesive team.
- Safety: We will maintain a safe, clean, and welcoming environment.
- Respect: We will maintain a respectful and peaceful atmosphere.
- Professionalism: We will act in a professional and positive manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees and monitors the Corporate Compliance Program.
- Independently and objectively review and evaluate compliance issues/concerns.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises compliance policies and procedures.
- Promotes compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, rules, and policies of governmental authorities and payers.
- Consults with general counsel as needed to resolve challenging legal compliance issues.
- Develops and coordinates compliance education and training.
- Ensures through purchasing that independent contractors and agents who furnish medical services to the organization are aware of the requirements of the compliance program with respect to coding, coverage, billing, and marketing.
- Responds to incidents of suspected compliance violations by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Develop a yearly compliance work plan and resulting logs, reports, and risk analyses.
- Annual self-assessment of the compliance program and related policies and procedures and risk analyses.
- Ensures evidence of initial and periodic training for all individuals.
- Report periodically on compliance activities including the compliance work plan to the CMA Board in consultation with the System Compliance Director.
- Monitor plans of correction to confirm problems have been resolved or new plans of correction are required.
- Report compliance issues to the appropriate Governmental agencies as required. Report self-disclosures and refunding of overpayments to the Compliance Committee when/if they occur.
- Training and education of all affected employees and persons associated with CMA, including executives and governing body members on compliance issues, expectations, and the compliance program operation. Such training shall occur periodically and shall be made a part of the orientation for a new employee, appointee or associate, executive and governing body member.
- Chairs the Cayuga Medical Associates Compliance Committee.
- Functions as the primary administrator for the System level contract management software, and by extension maintains awareness of contracting processes in all System member organizations.
- Future compliance responsibilities as assigned if/when new System member organizations are onboarded.
Knowledge, skills, and requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for the successful performance of this role.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare, or legal field
- Minimum 5 years experience in Healthcare and/or Compliance
- Work experience will be considered in lieu of educational level attainment
- CHC certification highly desirable
- Sitting - Up to 50%
- Standing- Up to 30%
- Reaching-Up to 20%
- Bending - Up to 20%
- Lifting - must be able to lift 40 lb.
- Pleasant conditions; comfortable indoor climate with suitable equipment and tools to carry out the responsibilities of the job.
- Persons in this job may be exposed to the communicable disease through patient care and interaction.
CMA offers an agile, inclusive, and supportive culture where every employee is respected. CMA is based in beautiful Ithaca, NY where nature abounds and a strong sense of community thrives. Ithaca is home to two esteemed institutes of higher education, Ithaca College and the world-renowned Cornell University. Ithaca offers four dynamic seasons for outdoor enthusiasts, as well as easy access to urban opportunities within a half-day drive (i.e., Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, New York City, Boston, and Philadelphia). CMA also offers:
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development stipends and malpractice insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Tuition assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Cell phone discount
- Major holidays off
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!