WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN CMA?
WE VALUE OUR TEAM!
When you come to work for Cayuga Medical Associates, you join a multidisciplinary physician group with more than 22 specialties located in Tompkins, Cortland, and Schuyler Counties. Our commitment to service excellence sets us apart. Our Cornerstones: Patient-Centered Excellence, Teamwork, Safety, Respect, and Professionalism, guide us as we provide care for our community.
As a part of those Cornerstones, it's very important to us that we create a work environment where people feel welcomed, comfortable, valued for what they bring to the organization, and recognized for their contributions. It goes beyond salary and benefits. We work hard to develop an environment and culture that attracts top-quality talent. That is what sets Cayuga Medical Associates apart.
- We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including a sign-on bonus* for eligible positions, as well as liberal paid time-off
- Our full-time and our benefited part-time employees receive the same benefits package (paid time-off benefits are prorated for part-timers)
- Health insurance coverage becomes effective within four weeks of your start date.
- PTO is available to use immediately!
- Tuition reimbursement is available for career-related education.
Cayuga Medical Associates is currently seeking a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant to join their team. The purpose of this job is to support the physicians and/or mid-level providers in the practice with clinical activities and direct patient care. This position may also assist in appointment scheduling and other related activities for optimal patient service. The bulk of this particular role will be assisting with patient chart prep and rooming patients.
What you'll do:
- Perform clinical duties in accordance with the scope of practice per CCMA certification and accordance with NYS laws and regulations.
- Carry out all assigned clinical procedures for the comfort and well-being of patients, per practice protocol.
- Take and record the patient's vital signs.
- Prepare exam rooms and sterilize equipment and supplies per protocols.
- Assist physician/providers with regard to clinical questions, prescription refills, test results, and other patient calls per practice protocols.
- Prepare patient's record for visit, as directed by physician/provider.
- Graduation from an accredited CCMA program
- Current CCMA certification
- Demonstrated clinical competency
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of diseases and treatment
- Ability to apply aseptic tech and sterilization
- Knowledge of the practice management system, EMR, and scheduling protocols
- Basic keyboard skill
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy in performing responsibilities
- Exception service attitude and communication style
- Profession appearance and demeanor
Why you should work with us?
CMA offers an agile, inclusive, and supportive culture where every employee is respected. CMA is based in beautiful Ithaca, NY where nature abounds and a strong sense of community thrives. Ithaca is home to two esteemed institutes of higher education, Ithaca College and the world-renowned Cornell University. Ithaca offers four dynamic seasons for outdoor enthusiasts and easy access to urban opportunities within a half-day drive (i.e., Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, New York City, Boston, and Philadelphia). CMA also offers:
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development stipends and malpractice insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Tuition assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Cell phone discount
- Major holidays off
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!