- Ithaca, NY, USA
- Full Time
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN US?
WE VALUE OUR TEAM!
When you come to work for Cayuga Medical Associates, you join a growing multispecialty physician group practice based in the heart of the Finger Lakes in upstate New York, with more than 22 specialties located in Tompkins, Cortland, and Schuyler Counties. Partnering with Cayuga Medical Center, we strive to provide the best patient care in our region. Our commitment to service excellence sets us apart. Our Cornerstones: Patient-Centered Excellence, Teamwork, Safety, Respect, and Professionalism, guide us as we provide care for our community.
As a part of those Cornerstones, it's very important to us that we create a work environment where people feel welcomed, comfortable, valued for what they bring to the organization, and recognized for their contributions. It goes beyond salary and benefits. We work hard to develop an environment and culture that attracts top-quality talent. That is what sets Cayuga Medical Associates apart.
- We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including sign-on bonuses for eligible positions, as well as liberal paid time-off
- Our full-time and our benefited part-time employees receive the same benefits package (paid time-off benefits are prorated for part-timers)
- Health insurance coverage becomes effective within four weeks of your start date.
- PTO is available to use immediately!
- Tuition reimbursement is available for career-related education.
Under the supervision and direction of the physician, the cardiac sonographer is responsible for performing, documenting, and communicating the results of the diagnostic 2D and M-Mode echocardiographic procedures as well as stress echocardiograms. The sonographer is also responsible for the hookup, disconnect, and downloading of the Holter monitors.
Reports to: Practice Manager
What you'll do:
- Maintain equipment and overall familiarity with the echo and holter equipment.
- Perform 2D and M-Mode echocardiograms, Doppler color flow.
- Obtain and calculate flow velocities, valve areas, and pressure gradients.
- Completes exams of acceptable quality as determined by the physician.
- Submits preliminary reports to appropriate physician, assure the accuracy of reports by proofreading.
- Informs the appropriate physician of critical results urgently.
- Operates treadmill equipment.
- Performs holder hook up, disconnect, and download data.
- Maintains records for ICAEL re-certification: Peer review, Q/A.
- Maintains cleanliness of echo area
- Maintains echo/holter supplies.
- Accurately enters codes on Medent.
- Coordinates work schedule with the office manager and front desk to assure workload coverage.
- Observes universal precautions
- Follows OSHA regulations, infection control policies, and procedures.
- Maintains patient confidentiality according to HIPPA guidelines.
- Responds to triages, and emails promptly.
- Participates in clinical education programs to increase professional competence and maintain certification.
- Provides patient education.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma
- Graduate of an AMA-approved health field education program.
- Current certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in Adult cardiac imaging-RDMS
- BLS certification.
- Demonstrate clinical competency, as defined by the organizational standards and protocols.
- Knowledge of the practice management system, EMR, and scheduling protocols.
- Basic keyboard skill
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times with both patient and organizational information.
- High level of accuracy when performing duties.
- Exceptional service attitude and communication style.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Sitting-- 70%
- Standing-- 30%
- Reaching-- 80%
- Bending-- 50%
- Lifting-- must be able to lift 40 lb.
*Please note, not all of the listed skills are necessary to be qualified or considered for this role.
- Pleasant conditions; comfortable indoor climate with suitable equipment and tools to carry out the responsibilities of the job.
- Persons in this job may be exposed to communicable diseases through patient care and interaction.
What does CMA offer?
CMA offers an agile, inclusive, and supportive culture where every employee is respected. CMA is based in beautiful Ithaca, NY where nature abounds and a strong sense of community thrives. Ithaca is home to two esteemed institutes of higher education, Ithaca College and the world-renowned Cornell University. Ithaca offers four dynamic seasons for outdoor enthusiasts, as well as easy access to urban opportunities within a half-day drive (i.e., Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, New York City, Boston, and Philadelphia).
- Benefits begin within 1 month of hire
- Generous PTO package available
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development stipends and malpractice insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Tuition assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Cell phone discount
- Major holidays off
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!