- Portland, OR, USA
- Full Time
- Catholic Charities
Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Competitive benefits package, including: 100% employer paid health insurance (employee portion), disability, life insurance, paid time off, 12 paid holidays, retirement plan, free parking and more.
Through the principles of Catholic Social Teaching, Catholic Charities of Oregon achieves lasting solutions to poverty and injustice by partnering with clients to meet their economic and educational goals, and to support their physical and social well-being. Catholic Charities is the official domestic relief agency of the Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon.
The Intercultural Counseling Center at Catholic Charities offers a variety of services to promote hope, healing, and wellness. We believe that people recovering from mental health needs and traumatic experiences are able to build resilience to live, work and thrive in the community. Our goal is to provide outpatient comprehensive support and therapeutic services to individuals and families experiencing mental health needs. The treatment philosophy embraces strengths based as well as culture and trauma-informed approaches that are both evidenced-based practices and offer practice-based evidences.
The Licensed Mental Health Therapist-LCSW will provide comprehensive mental health treatment to adults and children receiving services through Catholic Charities Intercultural Counseling Center. The Licensed Mental Health Therapist-LCSW collaborates with Clinical Case Managers, Licensed Medical Providers, Peer Support Specialists, Billing Coordinator, Engagement Specialist, and other interdisciplinary team members. The Licensed Mental Health Therapist-LCSW will complete clinical assessments to identify needs and medical necessity, develop the Service Plan, and facilitate a therapeutic process within the scope of their training to both children/youth and their families as well as adults clients.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works within a strengths-based, culture and trauma-informed approaches.
- Completes comprehensive mental health assessments.
- Diagnose utilizing most current DSM format and assess appropriateness for mental health services at Catholic Charities based on eligibility criteria, client needs, and funding sources.
- Develops Service Plans in partnership with the client and their families (when applies) and makes referrals to other services or community agencies to meet client need as appropriate.
- Provides individual, couples, family and/or group counseling to adults and children using evidence-based and practice-based practices.
- Provides consultation, education, information and resource advocacy to agencies in the community which routinely come in contact with clients. Maintain liaison with key community agencies that serve people with mental health needs.
- Pursues ongoing continuing education to stay current/up to date with best practice standards and licensure requirements.
- Meets standards for documentation and performs data entry related to client assessment, client care, community referrals and quality indicators according to established guidelines.
- Participates in clinical supervision sessions on a regular basis, as defined by clinical manager.
- Conducts or participate in case reviews and staffing as required.
- Participates in the development and implementation of new services, operating protocols and communication initiatives related to service provision.
- Contributes to goal setting, process improvement and achievement of desired care team outcomes.
- When needed, provide supportive clinical supervision to interns and staff working towards licensure.
- When indicated, represents the department on Catholic Charities or community committee, task force, or quality improvement project.
- Participate in trainings and coordination meetings as agreed or requested by Supervisor.
- Adherence to Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A Master's Degree and Licensed as LCSW.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Respect for cultural diversity, religion and experience working with diverse populations and cultures.
- Proficiency in the principles and practices of clinical delivery systems, psychological diagnostic assessment, evidenced-based and practice-based therapy and counseling techniques, in both in person and telehealth formats.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in appraising situations and making decisions regarding complex mental health treatment issues.
- Ability to engage and interact positively with client to promote strengths and improve health and well-being.
- Ability to communicate with direct care providers and community agencies appropriate for follow up.
- Understanding of human developmental needs.
- Knowledge of professional ethics and privacy rights.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients, the community, and other staff members.
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Commitment to Catholic Charities mission to work in partnership with vulnerable populations to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.
- Ability to effectively work with standard office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Teams and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner. High attention to detail required.
- Strong analytical and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.
- Ability to work well in team setting, as well as independently; be flexible and adapt well to different dynamics.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which could include some evenings and/or weekends.
- Must have driver's license, access to vehicle, and ability to obtain automobile insurance at levels required by agency (100/300/100).
- Satisfactory results from civil, criminal, and motor vehicle background check required
COMPENSATION: Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Competitive benefits package, including: 100% employer paid health insurance (employee portion), disability, life insurance, paid time off, 12 paid holidays, retirement plan, free parking and more.
TO APPLY: Submit your application, resume and cover letter at https://catholiccharitiesoregon.applicantpro.com/jobs/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER