Do you have barista experience and love making people smile? Does the idea of helping foster felines find their forever families feel fulfilling to you? If you answered yes to both these questions you might be a great fit for our team. A Cat & Craft barista is the first point of interaction with Cat & Craft customers and a master of our food and beverage experience. He/She is responsible for serving all products with friendly individualized attention towards each customer and also responsible for educating customers about our purpose and mission. The barista fulfills any other duties the cafe supervisor assigns, and always represents Cat & Craft in a positive, welcoming manner.
Who We Are:
As North County San Diego's only cat cafe, our business serves as both a craft coffee shop and a foster home for adoptable cats. Each of these cats has been rescued from resource challenged shelters and is in need of a second chance at a loving forever home. We provide space for our community to gather and connect while enjoying hand-crafted beverages and bites, plus friendly pets and snuggles from our adoptable kitties. We like to think of Cat & Craft as a kitchen and living room available for customers to unwind and make new friends... both feline and human alike.
- Ensures that all customers are educated on Cat & Craft mission
- Maintains the highest quality and consistently meets or exceeds our coffee and food product standards
- Follows all Cat & Craft recipes and procedures
- Maintains a strong understanding of coffee - differences in flavors, roast methods, etc.
- Proficiently prepares all craft coffees, teas, blended and cold drinks
- Greets all customers with friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items
- Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service issues
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner
- Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving store greeting, directions to store location, and answering questions.
- Is able to recommend beverages based on customer preferences
- Up - Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
- Maintains efficient, clean and friendly service.
- Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders, and takes out trash, etc.
- Follows all opening and closing equipment processes and procedures
- Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments
- Restocks shelves when necessary
- May work special events, as needed
- Maintains positive Cat & Craft morale and professional attitude
- Minimum 1 year barista experience
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Well-organized and detail-oriented