Cast is hiring a new and exciting position to join our rapidly growing team. The People Engagement Coordinator will be supervised by the Head of People and Culture. This role will play a significant in creating an equitable and inclusive environment to Cast. The People Engagement Coordinor will build a collaborative and supportive team environment across the department, focusing on expanding Cast's culture through programs and cultural differentiators. The right candidate will be well versed in all HR-related matters and will serve as the main point of contact for all employees. Cast prioritizes mental health, self-care and well- being and Cast's expects the coordinator to have a high EQ, be culturally sensitive, and have some knowledge on trauma-informed practices.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Work directly with and report to the Head of People and Culture regarding all HR endeavors
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks, and issuing employment contracts
- Support the Head of People and Culture in identifying new policies, writing, administering employee handbooks, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is correctly filled out and submitted to appropriate parties. Polices must reinforce and align with Cast's equitable vision.
- Keep track of benefit plans, including health care, retirement, and Worker's comp, and determine best fit based on employee needs
- Manage payroll needs
- Abide by company-enforced HR Processes and current employment laws and regulations
- Other HR and Administrative duties as assigned
- Co-design and deliver employee culture programs by identifying needs, securing resources, and prioritizing work. Programs will center on employee experience, self-care, mental health and engaging activities.
- Understand data and analytics to assess the effectiveness of programs and initiatives (staff retention, satisfaction surveys, Etc.)
- Assist in re-vamping the employee onboarding experience, with consideration for onboarding needs by the department.
- Make recommendations and decisions based on qualitative and quantitative data
- Assist with trainings to boost employee's communication abilities, collaboration and engagement
DEIBJ and Culture Champion:
- Support internal communications that keeps Cast employees well informed and aligned with business strategy and reinforces core values and beliefs
- Nurture programs and an environment where resilience, wellness, and psychological safety are at the forefront given the context of Cast's mission
- Ensure Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging and Justice are intentionally woven into the layers of the company from our culture & action to our products, programs, and policies
- Support the execution of specific organization-wide DEI initiatives when needed
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required. 3-5 years in Human resources; SHRM-CP strongly preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Understanding of how employee experience affects culture, productivity, and retention
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas to achieve a common business objective
What We're Looking For
- Ability to demonstrate a passion and ignite excitement for Cast's company's culture, mission, vision, and values
- Excellent project management skills including organization, prioritization, detail-orientation, and timely delivery
- You are a team builder and coach that identifies and cultivates a growth mindset not only within your own team but across the organization.
- You have strong executive communication skills, asking critical questions, communicating key points, and raising critical issues and opportunities with a well-formed point of view.
- You have the proven ability to influence and drive change with management teams and across startup organizations, aligning people strategy with values and goals.
- You lead with empathy, honesty and clarity.
- You're a team player that builds strong relationships with trust, transparency, and accountability.
To apply, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter, you can also check out other opportunities on our company portal: https://castla.applicantpro.com/jobs/,
Cast is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (Cast) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CAST complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
CAST offers generous benefits, including medical, life, paid sick/vacation time, a 403(b) plan, and Supervision for Licensure hours. Additionally, we provide you an opportunity for continued learning through career, professional & personal development, and training along with working with a team of committed individuals, where you are supported and given every chance to succeed.
Cast highly encourages survivors of slavery and human trafficking to apply. Cast also encourages women, BIPOC, LGBTQI+ , and people with disabilities to apply.