- 09-Jun-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Leesburg, OH, USA
- Full Time
Provides full Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Eligible for 401K immediately after first day of work.
Candle-Lite Company is America's Original Candle Company and has been crafting candles in Ohio's heartland for over 180 years. We are now hiring and would like for you to be a part of our great heritage.
The company is looking to hire 3rd Shift Stock handlers. The hours are 11:00pm - 7:00am Sunday thru Thursday. The pay for this position is $15.15 + $.50 shift differential.
*Employees are eligible for merit increases at four (4) months and eight (8) months. By eight months will be making $17.65 + $.50 shift differential.*
This role is an entry level role within the DC and the selected candidate is responsible for performing safe and efficient movement of material within a given area. This position is typically responsible for a specific core area/operation, but the selected individual will be expected to cross train and remain a flexible team player. DC stock handlers primarily perform manual loading and unloading of trailers and support the picking operation by individually selecting and stacking cases as required by customer.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pulls and packs product based on daily orders
- Meets specifics of customer orders in a timely manner.
- Keeps products separated, organized and in good rotation.
- Monitors product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety issues.
- Utilizes continuous improvement mindset and assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follows good manufacturing practices and required work safe practices.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment preferred.
- Must pass the required math, reading, and shipping test.
- Prefer previous experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Scanning and sorting incoming and outgoing stock.
- Pulling, packing, and loading
- Receiving, stocking and stacking
- Must be able to work up to an eight (8) hour shift
- Prefer experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to operate RF devices.
- Positive "Can-Do" attitude
- Willing and able to learn new skills
- Open to change
Language Skills: (If applicable)
Physical Activity & Demands:
- Stands 100%, walks up to 20%
- Must be able to stand on a concrete floor for the entire shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stretch, twist, and reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs to reach into locations in order to grasp and lift finished goods and carry back to truck.
- Must have precise coordinated movements of the fingers of both hands to grasp and manipulate small objects to cut cases open with small knife, write, read, punch clock, and carry candles.
- Pushing, pulling, positioning empty/filled candle racks for movement.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds without assistance and 75 pounds with assistance.
Usual inside warehouse ambient conditions, some dust. Due to obstructed vision, must always be aware of people and equipment operating in production areas.