Recreation Internship - Job Description
Location Pine Mountain, GA
Under the Direction of the Recreation & Signature events leadership team, Recreation Interns are responsible for creating memorable experiences for all Callaway guests and visitors. Specific duties are discussed in interviews but may include the following: assisting in daily operation of Recreation outlets Treetop Adventure & Zipline Course, Bike rentals, and Beach operations, preparing and maintaining equipment, monitoring inventory, rental, and retail operations. A primary function of this, and every other job at Callaway Resort & Gardens, is to ensure that each member, guest, and visitor receives the highest caliber service.
- Cross-train on daily operation duties in multiple Recreation outlets including one or more of the following areas: Treetop Adventure & Zipline Course, Bike Rentals, Aqua Island, Waterfront Lifeguard, Beach Rentals, and Beach Retail.
- Provide clear communication of safety instructions during all program briefings, including but not limited to Treetop Adventure, Bike Rentals, and Beach Operations.
- Implement and supervise safety/risk management protocols in a caring and fun environment for participants, volunteers and staff. Enforce program policies and procedures.
- Assist with preparing site and equipment for each activity, and with proper clean up and storage at the end of each activity.
- Conduct and maintain documentation as assigned, including participant waivers, equipment inventory, and incident reports.
- Attend all required program staff meetings and trainings.
- Wear issued uniform and adhere to dress code.
- Create a positive and professional environment while promoting program policies and procedures amongst staff, volunteers, and community.
- Communicate clearly, honestly, and respectfully with all staff, participants, parents, and volunteers.
- All other duties as specified during staff training and onboarding.
- College Student majoring in Recreation, Hospitality, Tourism or similar field.
- Ability to work effectively with children and adults, as well as people of all ages and abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for guest experience, program safety, and ability to speak in front of large groups.
- Completion of a background check & valid driver's license.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, and work outside in extreme weather conditions such as, but not limited to, heat, cold, rain, wind.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Current CPR and First Aid, or willingness to obtain certification.
- Current American Red Cross or Ellis Lifeguard Certification, or willingness to obtain certification.