Location: San Rafael, CA (Remote / Hybrid - approximately two days a week in the office)
Compensation: $60,000 - $65,000, plus benefits
Reports to: Development Operations Manager
About the Job:
Working in the Development Department, the Development Operations Associate will be responsible for managing the Raiser's Edge database system and maintaining all financial information and other patron data. They will be responsible for recording and processing gifts, pledges, and payments from a variety of sources. They will ensure all donation acknowledgments are sent, and accurate year-round recognition is in place. They will be responsible for data analysis and financial reporting, as well as tracking campaigns and customized queries as needed. There is an expectation this position will become a key admin in the Raiser's Edge database and ensure data accuracy in relation to overall best practices.
About the California Film Institute:
The California Film Institute's mission is to celebrate film as art and education. CAFILM presents the annual Mill Valley Film Festival and DocLands Documentary Film Festival, exhibits film year-round at our non-profit art house, the Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center, and builds the next generation of filmmakers and film lovers through CAFILM Education. We believe in the power of storytelling through film to inspire, engage and transform.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Commitment:
We strive for a culture where people sense they are valued, can bring their whole selves to work free of oppression, injustice, harassment or discrimination, and that they experience belongingness through a common purpose. We are taking steps to ensure that the California Film Institute is a safe and equitable space for staff members, filmmakers and audiences alike by incorporating inclusivity, diversity and accessibility measures into our business plan and tangible KPIs to hold ourselves accountable to serve and engage diverse audiences through our work. We are also working to examine racial justice internally in order to drive self-discovery and best inform how we can change practices and utilize our voice and position within the community.
- Manage and maintain Raiser's Edge in both instances (database view and NXT).
- Update donor information, pull reports, and track communications for 5,000 active records (20,000+ total records) of donors, members, partners, sponsors, and other patrons.
- Process all incoming donations from members, donors, sponsors, government, and grants year-round
- Maintain expertise related to Raiser's Edge and other financial management organizational systems and technologies that relate to donor, member, and sponsor fulfillment.
- Create data-informed reports for year-round fundraising and forecasting purposes.
- Create data-informed analysis to help fine-tune patron cultivation and relationships.
- Assist in organizing and tracking direct marketing appeals, solicit method codes, and mailing lists.
- Provide weekly/monthly status reports on campaigns, analysis reporting, and customized queries as requested.
- Continually review and optimize data management processes to improve methods for moving people along the continuum of engagement.
- Manage acknowledgment of gifts throughout the year, including onscreen, in print, and online. Work in partnership with the Development Stewardship Manager to ensure recognition is accurate and timely.
- Manage thank you recognition acknowledgement letters and emails.
- Create reports/dashboards to inform executive and development staff throughout the year.
- Work with the Finance Manager to reconcile financial and development systems.
- Oversees general administrative projects such as but not limited to, scanning, mail, info accounts, and providing admin support for Development and Finance projects as needed.
- Two or more years of experience in CRM database management.
- Raiser's Edge experience ideal (but not required).
- Highly proficient in Google apps and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Proven track record of identifying and evaluating data-informed patterns.
- Experience creating data-informed donor prospect lists.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Able to be discreet in managing confidential information.
- Candidate must be able to work in an office in San Rafael, CA approximately twice a week. Hybrid office-remote work is currently permitted at other times.
- Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination is currently required.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter summarizing your qualifications for the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The California Film Institute is an equal opportunity employer to all. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. Our policies prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.