- 22-Feb-2021 to 23-Apr-2021 (PST)
- San Rafael, CA, USA
- Full Time
Location: San Rafael, CA
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Audience Engagement
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
The California Film Institute is hiring for this position in the newly formed Marketing & Audience Engagement department as we look to expand our capabilities in digital marketing, social media and content strategy. The Manager, Marketing & Audience Engagement will be pivotal to the team's efforts to thoughtfully and creatively engage diverse audiences through innovative strategies spanning social media, content production, digital marketing, email marketing, community outreach and events.
This role will report to the Director of Marketing & Audience Engagement and work closely with teams across the organization, including Development, CFI Education, Programming and Publicity. The work will span our annual Mill Valley Film Festival, DocLands Documentary Film Festival, year-round programming at the Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center as well as other special film series and screening programs, both online and offline, once it is safe to resume in-person activities.
About the California Film Institute
The non-profit California Film Institute celebrates and promotes film as art and education through year-round programming at the non-profit independent Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center, presentation of the acclaimed Mill Valley Film Festival and DocLands Documentary Film Festival, and cultivation of the next generation of filmmakers and audiences through CFI Education programs.
We are taking steps to ensure that the California Film Institute is a safe and equitable space for staff members, filmmakers and audiences alike. This includes the incorporation of inclusivity, diversity and accessibility measures into the organization's business plan and the introduction of tangible KPIs to hold ourselves accountable for our commitment to serve and engage diverse audiences through our work. We are also working to examine racial justice internally in order to drive self-discovery and best inform how we can change practices and utilize our voice and position within the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Social media
- Management of California Film Institute social media channels, including copywriting, posting and audience moderation
- Management of email marketing platform (Emma), including organization of lists and data
- Creation and distribution of the organization's marketing emails, including e-newsletters and promotional emails for specific programs and events
- Content Production
- Assist in the design and creation of assets for social media, email and other marketing channels
- Regular reporting of marketing performance, across email, social media and website
- Organization communications
- Management of organization's marketing and communications calendar
- Collaboration across departments to oversee marketing and communication requests
- Community outreach
- Researching potential community partners and collaborators
- Pitching, managing and tracking of promotional partner activity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with social media platforms, best practices and trends
- Strong copywriting skills
- Working knowledge of social media management and data tools
- Comfortable analyzing data and drawing actionable insights
- Ability to edit multimedia content
- Graphic design skills
- Basic knowledge of paid social media advertising
- Experience engaging diverse audiences through media, arts and cultural events
- Commitment to inclusivity and accessibility practices in marketing, communications, content production and distribution
- Fluency in Spanish, Mandarin or other non-English languages widely spoken in the Bay Area preferred
Desired education and experience:
- Minimum three years experience working in social media, community management or content strategy
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and Premiere Pro)
- Familiarity with the entertainment industry and passion for film
Physical demands and work environment:
Work will require occasional weekends and/or evenings and frequent transportation between film and event sites.
CFI is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our policies prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.