- Anaheim, CA, USA
- 27.00-34.00 per hour
- Full Time
100% employer paid medical and dental insurance for employee & dependents, 3% employer matched retirement plan, 12 vacation days, 10 sick days and 10 holidays, hybrid work schedule utilized through the end of 2022.
Finance Coordinator (CAIR-CA)
Work Location: Anaheim (preferred), Sacramento, San Diego, or San Jose.
Term: Full-time, occasional evening and weekends required
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $27 - $34/hour commensurate with skills and experience
Reports to: CAIR-CA Chief Operating Officer
Generous Benefits: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance for employees & dependents, 3% employer-matched retirement plan, 12 vacation days, 10 sick days and 10 holidays, hybrid work schedule utilized through the end of 2022.
Requirements: Must have the authorization to work in the United States and proof of COVID-19 Vaccination/Boosters.
About Us: Join the largest American Muslim civil rights organization at the frontlines in protecting the rights of free speech, to freely practice one's faith, to pursue employment opportunities without harassment, and to live as an active and engaged American without reprisal. The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3), grassroots civil rights and advocacy group. The national headquarters is located on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., and offices across the nation. We recognize that our employees are passionate and talented and are our most valuable resource. With such an important vision to be a leading advocate for justice and mutual understanding, our diverse workforce stands together to demonstrate our values for everyone who chooses to join the efforts.
About the Role: The California chapter of CAIR (CAIR-CA) is looking for a passionate and talented individual to fill the Finance Coordinator position. The Finance Coordinator is responsible for the organization's finance and accounting functions including general bookkeeping, maintaining accurate financial records, coordinating payroll, coordinating the annual audit and tax return process, and supporting team members in financial administration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General bookkeeping and accounting tasks including maintaining related documentation
- Manage day-to-day finances for CAIR-CA via QuickBooks including analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts and investment transactions and managing interoffice invoicing
- Prepare bank reconciliations and other balance sheet analyses to ensure the accuracy of balances
- Maintain payables, receivables, liabilities, bank account reconciliations, cash flow projections, and journal entries
- Prepare deposits, checks, and invoices
- Lead the coordination and preparation for annual tax return filing and financial audit
- Coordinate benefits including insurance, taxes, retirement plan, EDD, and workers' compensation
- Coordinate with all offices to process payroll, quarterly tax payments, workers' compensation, and retirement reports
- Ensure compliance with standard accounting principles and reporting requirements
- Support offices with employee onboarding and offboarding
- In coordination with the HR Manager, maintain employment records
- Process new vendors as needed including collecting W-9s and coordinating 1099's
- Prepare financial reports for the Board of Directors, office treasurers, and executive staff
- Prepare accounting schedules, monthly financial statements, and reports
- Monitor organizational compliance with federal, state, and local requirements
- Maintain finance procedures manual, train staff on policies, and monitor compliance
- Collaborate with the CAIR-CA Treasurer to review, create, and implement necessary finance policies for the organization
- Provide finance management orientation, training, and support to local office bookkeepers, Executive Directors, and Treasurers
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets, including analysis of revenue and expenses as well as forecasts
- Coordinate year-end finances for budgeting and reporting
- Provide support to the finance and operations staff at local offices
- Provide IT support such as requesting new emails, updating listservs, and managing the VOIP phone system
- Perform special projects and other duties as required and requested
- At least two years of general accounting experience including bookkeeping and payroll processing
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field preferred
- Nonprofit work experience preferred
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Professional integrity and ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive data
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, updated resume, and three references
Equal Employment Opportunity: CAIR-CA is passionately committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination based on age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected classifications.