- 15-May-2023 to 14-Jun-2023 (MST)
- Westminster, CO, USA
- 20-25 Bi-weekly
- Part Time
Generous benefits after elimination period
Title: Facility Technician
Position Reports to: Exhibits Manager
Direct Reports: None
FLSA Status: Part-time (up to 20 hours a week)
Salary: $20-25/ hour
Position Summary: The Facility Technician is responsible for maintenance, repair, and minor improvements of facility including interactive exhibits at Butterfly Pavilion. Maintenance, repairs, and improvements may include painting, replacing mechanical components, minor electrical repair, supporting the installation of exhibit components, and troubleshooting technology where possible. Basic carpentry skills and the ability to patch drywall and match paint are essential.
- Coordinate with Exhibits Manager and Facility Manager on repairs
- Review Smartsheet, email, and other modes of communication to identify and schedule repair and maintenance
- Identify and communicate supplies needed to adequately upkeep and repair facility/exhibits components and appearance
- Identify and communicate supplies needed to execute minor facility/exhibit improvements as appropriate
- Work with Exhibit Manager to develop a proactive maintenance schedule to cover the needs of the facility
- Regularly troubleshooting and evaluating need for facility/exhibit upkeep; including paint, minor repairs, and improvements
- Utilize and troubleshoot Butterfly Pavilion facility/exhibit technology components, including monitors, touch screens, and projectors
- Open or close the building based on schedule needs
- Support facility/exhibit start-up as needed
- Assist with duties for Operations as needed
- Attend required branch and facility meetings and trainings
Qualifications / Experience:
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and proactive
- Solution-oriented, ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Basic computer proficiency-word processing, email, spreadsheets
- Experience and/or education in engineering, woodworking, design, or related skill.
- Experience operating hand and power tools in a commercial/industrial environment
- Experience with audio visual equipment such as video projectors, monitors, and touch screens.
- Experience painting for a commercial/industrial environment
- Familiarity with minor electrical repairs and maintenance
- Exhibit design or prop building experience
- Working in a zoo or museum setting
- Project/Time management
- Detail Oriented
- Task Oriented
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Interpersonal Skills
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moderate to loud environmental noise for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work outside of the standard 9AM-5PM working hours.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Interpretation Manager.
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions within this position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Exhibit Maintenance Technician.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Exhibit Maintenance Technician, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is often required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally be required to perform maintenance on a ladder or, rarely, scaffolding. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Ability to lift, carry and load materials into vehicle, not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Up to 20 hours a week, early mornings and late nights (prior to 9 AM and after 5 PM) required
How to Apply:
Butterfly Pavilion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all experiences to apply for open positions and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
Applicants must submit a Resume and Cover Letter to the following link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/butterflies/jobs/2896838-20970