- 04-May-2023 to 03-Jun-2023 (MST)
- Gift Shop
- Westminster, CO, USA
- 16-16 Bi-weekly
- Part Time
Generous benefits after elimination period
Title: Inventory Assistant
Position Reports To: Inventory Coordinator
Direct Reports: N/A
About Butterfly Pavilion: Here at Butterfly Pavilion, we transform the way people think about invertebrates. These small but mighty animals that surround us are so much more than people think. They are everywhere because everything depends on them. They are the hidden heroes of the animal kingdom. As the leader in invertebrate knowledge, inspiration and connection, Butterfly Pavilion works to foster an appreciation of these critical animals by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation. Whether it is providing unique, firsthand learning experiences in our exhibits and educational programs, conducting new research that sets the standard for zoos across the country or building innovative solutions for species and habitat conservation in countries around the world, Butterfly Pavilion is leading the way in ensuring invertebrates are protected for the future.
Looking forward, we are committed to providing the most enriching experience for our audience, recognized as a scientific authority, and being a leading educational resource on invertebrates. To this end, Butterfly Pavilion has begun the process of launching a $40 million Capital Campaign to expand Butterfly Pavilion into the Center for Invertebrate Research and Conservation (CIRC) in a brand new, state-of-the-art facility soon.
A large part of who we are as an organization is how we interact with each other. Valuing our facility, guests, donors, and our team is a priority, without these puzzle pieces we cannot make it all work, these Core Values guide us throughout our day. We Love What We Do at Butterfly Pavilion, we Make Science Cool by Going Above and Beyond for all guests, donors, and team members while also Leading Change in invertebrate conservation. We Know Our Stuff and work to have a healthy culture by Being Positive and Welcoming to All. These are not just words, but words for us to live by here at Butterfly Pavilion.
FLSA: Part Time Hourly 20 hours a week.
Rate: $16/hour DOE
Position Summary: The Inventory Assistant is responsible for maintaining the daily needs of inventory for the Inventory Coordinator, including receiving shipments, tagging, and storing product, and providing stocking assistance for floor associates. This requires close involvement with the product lifecycle and inventory needs, including cycle counting products to ensure an accurate inventory.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Receive new shipments per best practice under the direction of the Inventory Coordinator with an understanding of when to expect new shipments into the necessary warehouse locations.
- Tag product with appropriate SKU and price
- Maintain the organization of the warehouse spaces by storing incoming products, rotating products, and holding responsibility in corrugated disposal.
- Develop a strong familiarity with products in storage and on the floor.
- Work with Lead Sales Associate and Retail Manager to provide daily stocking runs to the sales floor with sell through reports generated by the Inventory Coordinator
- Perform weekly cycle counts as needed, under the discretion of the Inventory Coordinator to best support.
- Play a large supporting role in the yearly physical inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Project/ time Management
- Ability to work independently/without supervision.
- Communication Skills
- Teamwork and core values driven.
- Innovation/Creative Thinking
- Decision Making
- Proven critical and conceptual thinking.
- Initiative-taking mindset, and a solid understanding of implementing and directing purposeful operations.
- Ability to define goals, meet urgent deadlines, organize, and prioritize projects.
- Have working knowledge of all aspects of Butterfly Pavilion business, including education, research, and conservation efforts.
- 1 + years or more related experience in Retail sales or Services Industries
- 1 + years inventory control experience preferred.
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Post-Secondary Education Preferred
- Bilingual preferred
While performing the responsibilities of this position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the position will encounter. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work with mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be used to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions described in the position.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to sit and stand, use their hands and fingers, to manage/feel/grasp. The employee will work with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Use of a 6-foot ladder is essential. The vision abilities required by this job include close vision. This position occasionally requires maneuvering through tight spaces. Employees should be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
A range of hours in typical work week /Part-time Hourly 20 hours week. This is a part-time hourly position, and general hours of work are somewhere between 9am and 6pm on assigned days (assigned days and hours are depending on store needs); however, this position regularly requires long hours and weekend work, with inventory times requiring 7am to 8pm availability.
Please apply to the following link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/butterflies/jobs/2882098-20970