- 06-Dec-2022 to Until Filled (MST)
- Westminster, CO, USA
- 20-22 per hour
- Full Time
Title: Adult Programs and Group Sales Coordinator
Department: Education and Interpretation
Reports to: Community Programs Manager
Direct Reports: None
About Butterfly Pavilion: Here at Butterfly Pavilion, we transform the way people think about invertebrates. These small but mighty animals that surround us are so much more than people think. They are everywhere, because everything depends on them. They are the hidden heroes of the animal kingdom. As the leader in invertebrate knowledge, inspiration and connection, Butterfly Pavilion works to foster an appreciation of these critical animals by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation. Whether it is providing unique, hands-on learning experiences in our exhibits and educational programs, conducting new research that sets the standard for zoos across the country or building innovative solutions for species and habitat conservation in countries around the world, Butterfly Pavilion is leading the way in ensuring invertebrates are protected for the future.
Looking forward, we are committed to providing the most enriching experience for our audience, being recognized as a scientific authority, and being a leading educational resource on invertebrates. To this end, Butterfly Pavilion has begun the early stages of launching a $55 million Capital Campaign to expand Butterfly Pavilion into the Center for Invertebrate Research and Conservation (CIRC) in a brand new, state-of-the-art facility in 2022.
A large part of who we are as an organization is how we interact with each other. Valuing our facility, guests, donors and our team is a priority, without these puzzle pieces we can't make it all work, these Core Values guide us throughout our day. We Love What We Do at Butterfly Pavilion, we Make Science Cool by Going Above and Beyond for all guests, donors, and team members while also Leading Change in invertebrate conservation. We Know Our Stuff and work to have a healthy culture by Being Positive and Welcoming to All. These aren't just words, but words for us to live by here at Butterfly Pavilion.
FLSA Status: Full-Time / Hourly
Salary: $19-$22/ hour
Position Summary: The Adult and Group Sales Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, and implementation for all community-based adult programs onsite and offsite (Active Adult, Yoga, Photography, Environmental and Ecological Services, etc.). This position works with leadership to support the organization and marketing of upcoming programs and supports communication with all stakeholders - internal and external. This position also coordinates with a variety of stakeholders to market and sell adult group visits.
- Coordinate and develop adult onsite and offsite education programs - including creation of curriculum aligned to Learning Framework, scheduling, registration support, facilitation/ instruction, marketing
- Regularly evaluate adult marketplace to recommend opportunities to serve adult and aging adult communities
- Provide logistical support for all adult classes and workshops
- Coordinate with existing and new community partners to provide additional adult education programs
- Work in collaboration with leadership and Marketing and Communications team to support the development of marketing strategies for current and future adult education programs
- Work in collaboration with leadership to plan and implement annual Public Events (like Active Adult Day, Plant Conservation Day & Insectival)
- Coordinate alignment with needs of adult/family groups to meet educational and mission objectives
- Actively seek out partnerships and collaborations with adult groups and tour companies to support group sales opportunities with a focus on hitting annual plan targets
- Professionally active, attending seminars, conferences and continuing educational opportunities that are applicable to the position
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Experience
- College degree in education, environmental sciences, biology or related fields or equitable experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Organized and flexible
- Computer proficiency-word processing, spreadsheets and databases, website management
- Solution-oriented, ability to troubleshoot
- Enthusiastic and patient
- Comfortable interacting with people of all ages
- 2+ years of experience working in a non-formal education/museum setting
- At least 1 year supervisory experience
- Prior experience in a customer service based and/or administrative role
- Prior experience with curriculum development and instruction
- Prior experience working in a team setting and with volunteers
- Prior experience working with individuals of different ages and abilities
- Project/Time management
- Department knowledge
- Detail oriented
- Resource Management
- Builds Relationships
- Communication Skills
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
-While performing the responsibilities of the Adult Programs and Group Sales Coordinator, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the Adult and Group Sales Coordinator will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moderate to loud environmental noise for extended periods of time.
-These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions within this position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
-While performing the responsibilities of the Adult Programs and Group Sales Coordinator, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Employee should be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- 40 hours/week. Weekend days and evenings will be required.
How to Apply: Upload coverletter and resume to this link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/butterflies/jobs/2680749-20976
Butterfly Pavilion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for open positions and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.