- 04-May-2021 to 18-May-2021 (MST)
- Guest Services
- Westminster, CO, USA
- $50,000 to $60,000
- Full Time
Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Holiday, Vacation, Sick Time, 401(k) + matching, ST/LT Disability, Life Insurance)
Title: Director of Guest Services & Membership
Position Reports To: Vice President of Marketing, Communications & Guest Services
Direct Reports: Membership & Guest Services Coordinator, Guest Services Leads, Guest Services Associates
FLSA: Full Time//Exempt
Salary/Hourly Rate: $50,000 - $60,000
About Butterfly Pavilion: Here at Butterfly Pavilion, we transform the way people think about invertebrates. These small but mighty animals that surround us are so much more than people think. They are everywhere, because everything depends on them. They are the hidden heroes of the animal kingdom. As the leader in invertebrate knowledge, inspiration and connection, Butterfly Pavilion works to foster an appreciation of these critical animals by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation. Whether it is providing unique, hands-on learning experiences in our exhibits and educational programs, conducting new research that sets the standard for zoos across the country or building innovative solutions for species and habitat conservation in countries around the world, Butterfly Pavilion is leading the way in ensuring invertebrates are protected for the future.
Looking forward, we are committed to providing the most enriching experience for our audience, being recognized as the foremost scientific authority, and being a leading educational resource on invertebrates. To this end, Butterfly Pavilion has begun the early stages of launching a $55-million Capital Campaign to develop a brand new, state-of-the-art facility which will allow us to conserve and promote the tiny giants who are crucial to our existence. Butterfly Pavilion will break ground on the new facility in 2024.
Butterfly Pavilion's Core Values guide us in the way we interact and connect with our stakeholders and the world around us both externally and internally:
- Love What You Do
- Make Science Cool
- Go Above and Beyond
- Lead Change
- Know Your Stuff
- Be Positive
- Welcome All
These aren't just words, but words for us to live by here at Butterfly Pavilion.
Position Mission: Ensuring a world-class guest experience and maximizing income potential from guests through visitation and membership.
- Sell 2,496 memberships for $185,642 by 12/31/21.
- Increase perceived value of membership, rebuilding value for existing members and increasing renewals to 38% by 12/31/21.
- Leverage guest insights back into our operations to differentiate our experience, raising Net Promoter Score to 78 by 12/31/21.
- Build a technology foundation to obtain a 360-degree view of the guest and deliver personalized experiences by 6/30/22.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Leads the Guest Services team, setting a vision for a smooth, easy and enjoyable guest experience at all touch points throughout the building; ensures that the department structure, procedures and practices support effective and efficient operations; and makes recommendations to executive staff for improvements to the guest experience as they pertain to quality of service, amenities, facilities, policies and procedures.
- Owns the Guest Experience internally, acting as an advocate for the guest.
- Manages product development for general admission and membership.
- Oversees the creation and distribution of regular attendance reports and trends, tracking advance sales, final sales, sales by visitor type, and revenue for senior leadership.
- Oversees delivery of all accurate deposits, cash, records and financial materials for processing of deposits, securing of funds and delivery of financials to the finance department.
- Directs the general membership program and supervises Membership staff.
- Works collaboratively with the Communications team in developing research needs to monitor and evaluate market awareness, pricing, guest satisfaction and product offerings.
- Works collaboratively with the Community Programs Director in developing programs and experiences that support, expand and enrich the guest experience and revenue opportunities.
- Develops and directs strategies driving integrated digital and traditional campaigns to acquire, upgrade and renew members and donors.
- Meets regularly with Communications and Marketing team to anticipate upcoming ad and press coverage, propose possible promotional efforts or discounting.
- Maintains an awareness of Guest Services and membership trends, as well as advances in the marketplace and nationally.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Interpersonal Skills and Self-Awareness
- Building and Managing Teams
- Decision Making
- Organizational Awareness and Achievement
- Initiative and Innovation
- Results Orientation
- Project Management
- Strategic and Analytical Thinking
- Task Completion
- Bachelor of Arts required; advanced degree in business, hospitality, arts administration or related fields preferred.
- Seven years+ progressively responsible experience in fundraising, membership, development, visitor services, hotel or retail management.
- Strong analytical and budget management skills.
- Excellent managerial and leadership abilities.
- Must enjoy working with the public and demonstrate friendliness, professionalism, enthusiasm and a customer-centric approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and highly detail oriented with an ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment individually or in a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel a must, and a knowledge of ATMS+ and ticketing systems a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills necessary to work effectively with all Butterfly Pavilion stakeholders.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
While performing the responsibilities of this position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the position will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
At Butterfly Pavilion, the employee is occasionally exposed to moderate to loud environmental noise for extended periods of time.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and stand, use their hands and fingers, to handle/feel/grasp. The employee is occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Employee should be able to lift, carry and items up to 50 lbs.
How to Apply:
Butterfly Pavilion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for open positions and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
Applicants must submit a Resume and Cover Letter to the following link:
Position is open through 5/21/21 or until filled. No phone calls or drop in's please.