- Burien, WA, USA
- $17.81 - $21.65 DOE
- Regular Intermittent
Paid Sick Leave
Position is open until filled. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
"Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be furnished upon job offer, absent an approved accommodation."
Nature of Work
The Facility Attendant is responsible for the supervision and upkeep of facilities; prepares facilities for use; monitors rentals to ensure that they are safe, proper and appropriate; provides information and assistance to the general public.
Shift times: Friday 4pm-midnight; Saturday 7am-4pm, 4pm-midnight; Sunday 7am-4pm, 4pm-midnight
Hours: 5 to 15 hours per week, including nights and weekends, depending on when rentals are scheduled at the Burien Community Center. Hours are subject to change.
- Support and model the identified vision, values and behaviors of the organization.
- Open and close Burien Community Center facilities.
- Prepare facilities for use including but not limited to set up of tables, chairs, other furniture and equipment, resituate facilities after use, remove and store furniture, equipment, materials, and other supplies; perform light custodial work as needed.
- Monitor activities within the facility to maintain a safe, proper and appropriate environment.
- Identify injury and accident situations and contact appropriate emergency services (911) when needed.
- Implement and enforce department policies including all aspects of rental agreements.
- Inspect facility and report maintenance and repairs needed.
- Receive and direct visitors; answer participant inquires and provide information concerning recreation programs and schedules, receive and resolve customer complaints and problems. If unable to respond, direct individuals to appropriate person.
- Conduct facility tours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide clerical support for assigned projects.
- May process in-person and telephone recreation program registrations.
- May collect fees and receipt transactions. (NOTE: If assigned this task, successful completion of pre-employment credit check is required).
- Assist with City sponsored special events.
This position involves recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm with a moderate degree of complexity. Incumbent operates from specific and definite procedures with a low level of supervision.
Works with the Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services department staff and the general public.
- Be helpful, respectful and courteous to facility users.
- Be an excellent oral communicator.
- Be dependable and trustworthy.
- Work frequent weekend, evenings, and other irregular hours.
- Perform custodial and/or light maintenance duties.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Recognize occupational hazards and utilize standard safety practices.
- Interpret and apply rules, regulation, policies, and procedures.
Position requires continuous decision making, interpersonal skills, customer service, use of discretion, and the ability to read, write, understand, and speak English; occasional problem analysis, negotiation, independent judgment and/or action, train/supervising, and presentations/teaching and creativity; and rare teamwork and performance of basic and advanced math.
Position requires frequent sitting and hearing; occasional standing, walking, feeling, talking, stooping, sitting, fingering, handling, bending, and repetitive motions of feet, hands and wrists; and rare crawling, kneeling, and climbing. Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds and push and pull 50 pounds.
Education and/or Experience
One year of work experience.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
The Facility Attendant works directly with facility users at BurienCommunity Center. A high degree of physical mobility is required to set up and rearrange room equipment. Ability to work on a flexible schedule is required. Work is primarily during evening and weekend hours.
Hazards: May have contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals. Responsible for opening, closing and locking facility alone.
- The City of Burien believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. This job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The City of Burien is an Equal Opportunity Employer and assures equal employment practices regardless of sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by local, State or Federal law.
- Verification of identity and United States work authorization must be completed before employment commences as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of education and related experience. Highly qualified candidates may be invited to participate in interviews. Candidates may be asked to respond to supplemental questions in writing and to supply illustrative examples of work. A test may also be administered to assess relevant skills. Additional references may be requested of finalists.
- If you need special accommodation in the application or examination process, please contact Human Resources at (206) 439-3155.
- The City of Burien has a no smoking policy in all City facilities and all City vehicles.