- Middleburg Heights, OH, USA
- Full Time
THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
The Operations Manager - Construction will have overall responsibility to ensure contract performance on all projects executed within Project Solutions. This individual shall promote continued growth and development of tools, techniques, and personnel to ensure all projects are managed safely and efficiently. The Operations Manager - Construction will be directly responsible for manpower planning within the group, financial reporting, and financial forecasting on all projects. This individual shall ensure processes and procedures within the department are being followed to ensure continued management of scope, costs, and schedule throughout the project execution and through project close out and warranty.
The Operations Manager - Construction will report to the Director of Project Solutions.
- Maintain a culture of Safety on all projects. Works in conjunction with Brewer-Garrett's Safety Manager.
- Is responsible for maintaining a positive client relationship.
- Ensure all aspects of the project are compliant with contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) take place.
- Responsible for the project budget and ensuring its' gross profit.
- Responsible for the final approval on all project write-ups and adjustments made throughout the project (re-writes).
- Ensures that project workflow is adequate to deliver the project on time.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication among of all team members.
- Responsible to mentor team members as required based upon level of experience.
- Settles disputes regarding the contract with the owner/subcontractor/vendor.
- Ensures that the project is documented with all changes in scope of work including energy related revisions, developing pricing for said changes and gaining approval from a qualified customer representative, in writing, to provide the additional work prior to providing any effort beyond the sell.
- Assist project managers assigned in obtaining resources required for the project execution such as labor, equipment, tools, inventory, and deliveries from the associated managers.
- Responsible for developing solutions for any issues that may come up on projects.
- Develops departmental processes and procedures and assists Project Managers assigned to ensure they are being followed. These may include:
- "Cost in place" analysis of installed work.
- Assisting in any difficulties affecting the quality of work, issues of safety, customer relations, redemption of gross profit and similar concerns.
- Safety audits for each active project and assure that "job box" safety meetings are properly initiated and maintained.
- Review the basis of the energy guarantee and report any discrepancies to the energy auditing department.
- Project billings and promote the timeliness of this task.
- Schedule and direct the commissioning of all installed systems nearing project completion with engineering, automation, auditing, and the owner's representative.
- Prepare required project related training materials/aids and conduct all required owner training sessions.
- Assure all project related documents of record, as-built drawings, operating manuals, warranty certificates, commissioning records, balance reports, owner acceptance sign-off, and similar materials are filed with pertinent copies delivered to the owner upon project completion.
- Establish, monitor, communicate, update, and maintain project schedules utilizing industry standard scheduling methods.
- Explore, develop, and implement strategies to self-perform and /or outsource the project to achieve the project's objectives of price, schedule, and quality; including writing scopes of work (SOW), Requests for Quotes (RFQ's) and managing competitive bid processes between vendors and sub-contractors.
- Manage the project costs to ensure budgets are maintained by knowing and documenting progress against estimate, routinely documenting and calculating estimated cost to complete, and project profitability.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sales Responsibilities: None.
Supervisory Responsibilities: All subordinates
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Minimum (10) years' project management experience with a commercial/industrial electrical, controls, or mechanical contractor engaged in MEP related or similar work.
- A strong understanding of mechanical, controls, electrical and construction means and methods associated with the renovation of commercial and institutional buildings and/or similar facilities.
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, Excel, and other software used in the construction industry.
- Core competencies/skills in the areas of construction, communication, attention to detail, critical thinking, achieving results, and problem solving.
- Self-managing, able to work under the direction of the others, and effectively integrate with teammates quickly and often to aggressively meet deadlines and expectations.
- Highly collaborative and focused on sharing details routinely and consistently with team members.
- Demonstrate a persistent optimism and the ability to navigate challenges in a way that produces value, exceeds expectations, and promotes company success.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- BG offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, life insurance, LTD, flexible spending, paid time off, yearly performance bonus, on-site gym, and a great place to work!
BG is proud to be an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.