JOB SUMMARY: Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company that provides innovations that exceeds expectations. Our company is built upon the talent and experience of our associates, and the Federal Proposal Specialist plays a major role as they are the first front in Brewer-Garrett's success. This person will masterfully coordinate the formulation, execution, and packaging of RFPs and RFQs for potential clients in order to generate new business. They will be part of a team that welcomes and encourages new ideas and innovations; working closely with both executives and associates. The Federal Proposal Specialist will determine responsibility for development and craft persuasive and accurate descriptions on how Brewer-Garrett best fits and exceeds the expectations and outcomes of a potential client. This role is specialized for individuals with a keen sense of detail; excellent writing, editing, and time management skills; the ability to meet deadlines; and a willingness to learn.
- Evaluates/identifies opportunities by reviewing solicitations (utilizing solicitation sites such as SAM, eBuy, GovTribe, etc.) and researching agencies, contract vehicles, resources etc.
- Collaborates throughout proposal process including the coordination of project-specific information, development of content, and meeting all essential guidelines and target dates
- Prepares and manages the development and execution of responses to Sources Sought, Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Request for Proposals (RFP), and presentations
- Primarily focus on responses under the following federal contracts: GSA ENABLE, GSA Multiple Award Schedule (MAS), Arkansas Energy Performance Contracts (EPCs), and GSA Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE)
- Reviews and interprets solicitation documents
- Conducts kick-off meetings with bid team members
- Assembles/populates proposals (based on solicitation requirements & response strategy)
- Utilizes templates to ensure consistency and best practice
- Creates precise, well-written narratives for non-technical proposal inquiries
- Enlists subject matter experts for project specific technical narratives
- Proofreads, edits, and formats proposals
- Ensures proposals are compliant
- Prints, assembles, and readies proposals for hard copy and/or electronic submission
- Develops presentations and supporting materials for proposal interviews, to include interview prep, Q&A with bid team, situation practices, and providing feedback.
- Oversees the management and renewal of various federal contracts, accounts, and certifications
- Includes System for Award Management (SAM) profile, GSA Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) contract, sales and subcontract reports, DOE ESCO certification renewal, Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS), etc.
- Maintains excellent communication skills throughout the entire proposal process
- Develops and maintains written and graphic promotional material
- Works closely with federal team to identify and register for conferences and trade shows
- Updates project information and runs reports for the sales team utilizing Salesforce
- Performs other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, writing, English and/or editing, is preferred
- Experience with the proposal process is preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Teams, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (In-Design, Illustrator) is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to balance workload, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines with a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and quality-driven
- Flexible to work outside of normal business hours, as required
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
BG offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health, dental, vision, flexible spending, paid time off, and a great place to work!
BG is proud to be an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.
TITLE: Federal Proposal Specialist
REPORTS TO: Proposal and Branding Manager
LOCATION: Middleburg Heights, Ohio
APPROVED/REVISED DATE: 11/23/2022
FLSA STATUS: Exempt