THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
TITLE: HVAC Technician Trainee
REPORTS TO: HVAC Technician/Service Manager
LOCATION: Lorain County Community College- Elyria, OH
APPROVED/REVISED DATE: November 14, 2022
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company. Our goal is to make buildings more energy-efficient through HVAC design, electrical upgrades, building automation systems design and installation, maintenance, and repair. We are a solution-based business with a proven track record of saving our clients' money through reduced energy usage while improving their overall carbon footprint. Our team is second to none. Their creativity and dedication to providing solutions for our clients is their #1 priority. Their team-oriented approach to projects is what sets BG apart from the rest of the industry. Our company is built upon the talent and experience of our associates, and we are looking for a HVAC trainee to add to our growing team.
JOB SUMMARY: The HVAC trainee will be responsible for assisting HVAC technicians in preventative maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting, and inspection of facilities HVAC equipment as a member of the UA Local 42 Plumbers, Steamfitters, HVACR Techs, & Marine Pipefitters.
- Provide excellent customer service to the client
- Follow instructions
- Assist inspecting building HVAC systems and equipment to ensure safe and well-maintained conditions, identify hazards, defects, and possible needs for adjustments or repairs
- Work extended hours/weekends if necessary
- Assist complete work orders and requests promptly using the employer provided iPad
- Follow all policies and procedures established in the Brewer-Garrett Manuals and Client Contract documents
- Participate in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned to convey and/or gather information required to perform job functions
- High school/trade school graduate/military school or apprentice program
- Basic knowledge of HVAC tools and instrumentation
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
BG offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, life insurance, LTD, flexible spending, paid time off, yearly performance bonus, on-site gym, and a great place to work!
BG is proud to be an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.