The Brewer-Garrett Company has an excellent opportunity for a talented and energetic, BIM Administrator with Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing experience to work with our Engineering Team. BIM Administrator will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Manage AutoDesk Revitt software products including but not limited to incorporating new version releases and customization of the product.
- Manage the implementation of supporting software and technologies.
- Stay informed on best practices for use of Revit Architecture and BIM.
- Stay informed on other BIM related software and how they work with Revit.
- Installation and support of related BIM software.
- Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement.
- Creation and maintenance of the software template files to assure standards.
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions.
- Automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity.
- Provide quality control for completeness and adherence to company standards of all construction drawings produced.
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
- Setup of construction drawings for all projects, with assistance of engineering project teams.
- Setup of backgrounds and existing condition drawings for projects as required.
- Create written technology evaluations and budgets for future technology adoption that aligns with the corporate goals.
- Chair the company's BIM committee.
- Report on the company's current and projected state in regards to BIM implementation.
- Create Upgrade and Deployment strategies for the BIM implementation effort.
- Assess: evaluate the firms current workflow, strategies, budgets, projects, staffing, etc.
- Plan: create a plan for implementation. Who are the team members, what is the project, what are the goals, etc.
- Solve: execute the plan, install the software, get templates created, get training, do the pilot project, etc.
- Provide hardware and network support as it relates to BIM production to our IT department.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Liaison with national vendors.
- Liaison with corporate technology support staff.
- Liaison with software developer support staff and other support channels.
- Eight (8+) year's production experience in design, drafting or engineering.
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of BIM 360 versions with emphasis on project set-up.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic.
- Must have basic PC experience in Windows environment, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, web-enabled applications, and database software.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM.
- Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- This job operates primarily in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Occasional travel to local events, regional colleges and universities will be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BG is proud to be an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.
Brewer-Garrett offers competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health, life, and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending, paid time off, and the opportunity for an annual performance bonus!