|TITLE: Hattie Larlham Maintenance Technician DEPARTMENT: Integrated Facilities Services|
|REPORTS TO: Program Manager SUBORDINATES: None|
|LOCATION: Mantua, OH APPROVED DATE: August 11, 2022|
|FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt|
Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company. Our goal is to make buildings more energy-efficient through HVAC design, electrical upgrades, building automation systems design and installation, maintenance, and repair. We are a solution-based business with a proven track record of saving our clients' money through reduced energy usage while improving their overall carbon footprint. Our team is second to none. Their creativity and dedication to providing solutions for our clients is their #1 priority. Their team-oriented approach to projects is what sets BG apart from the rest of the industry.
JOB SUMMARY: This position requires an individual to be motivated, and self-driven. We are looking for an individual with some experience and training in the general building maintenance area. This individual, under limited supervision, performs a variety of general facilities installation and maintenance related tasks for Hattie Larlham. These tasks and assignments are basic in nature but diverse and require limited analysis.
- Performs troubleshooting and repair functions in the areas of mechanical, carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, and general maintenance.
- Requires a desire to learn new skills performing facilities installation and maintenance services.
- Provide excellent customer service to the client.
- Perform daily inspections on electrical systems, grounds, and equipment to ensure safe, well-maintained conditions, identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Perform minor troubleshooting and repairs; replace light bulbs, light fixtures, electrical sockets, light switches, ballasts, and fuses.
- Identify and perform basic service and repair on plumbing fixtures, open clogged lines and drains in sinks and toilets, replace water faucets, etc.
- Perform basic carpentry: repair drywall, paint walls, fix doors, windows.
- Move and relocate office furniture: adjust desks, chairs, and files on occasion.
- Remove snow and salt walkways.
- Inform management personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders to provide information for making decisions, taking appropriate action, and/or complying with building and safety regulations.
- Request equipment and supplies to maintain inventory and ensure availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Respond to emergencies after hours, per Program Manager's request.
- Complete work orders using the BG iPad and Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Follow all policies and procedures established in the Brewer-Garrett Manuals and Client Contract documents.
- Once familiar with new roll Actively markets the various Brewer-Garrett capabilities to the building tenants.
- High school/trade school graduate
- At least 1-year relevant experience / training in general maintenance
- Experience and or training in commercial, institutional environments
- Basic administrative skills
- Knowledge of hand tools, some specialized
- Trade/vocational/military training
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
BG offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, flexible spending, paid time off, and a great place to work!
BG is proud to be an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.