Position Title: Electrical Engineer
Reports To: Electrical Engineering Team Lead
FLSA Status: Professional Exempt
Date Created: July 21, 2022
Position Summary: The electrical engineer will be responsible for assisting in engineering and design of electrical systems that he/she is assigned. Projects assigned to the electrical engineer are generally small to mid-level design with a large amount of document production. This position requires the electrical engineer to work with the senior electrical engineer and other disciplines to create design and construction drawings for the assigned project. The electrical engineer will report to the Team Lead Electrical Engineer.
- Responsible for assisting in all aspects of the electrical design of the project assigned.
- Report to the senior electrical engineer regarding scheduling requirements.
- Create construction drawings, perform calculations, and write specifications as required by the senior electrical engineer.
- Must be familiar with the project's scope, engineering, and construction budget.
- Assist in developing and maintaining design and engineering standards.
- Utilize knowledge of engineering practices, mathematics, computer programming, materials, and other physical sciences to complete the drawings with a minimum of supervision.
- Cooperate with the design/construction team to meet the project scheduled within the allotted engineering and construction budget.
- Inform the electrical engineering team lead of project scope and budget changes; make on-going coordination checks to assure project quality and adherence to budget construction budget.
- Provide project engineering coordination during construction as assigned.
- Serve in a support role on projects as directed by the electrical engineering team lead.
- Support the commissioning team with all aspects of electrical commissioning services.
- Assist in developing accurate preliminary design solutions for prospective complex projects within an expedited timeframe.
- Interact with clients and maintain client relationships throughout the course of a project.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Sales Responsibilities: None
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering desired.
- Minimum of (1) year electrical engineering experience with a professional engineering firm, or electrical contractor engaged in MEP related or similar work desired.
- An understanding of electrical and construction means and methods associated with the renovation of commercial and institutional buildings and/or similar facilities.
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, Excel and other software used in the construction industry.
- High Level of understanding of Autocad/Revit Design software.
- Self-managing, able to work autonomously when necessary and effectively integrate with project teammates to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Highly collaborative and focused on sharing details routinely and consistently with team members.
- Demonstrate a persistent optimism and the ability to navigate challenges in a way that produces value, exceeds expectations, and promotes company success.
- Demonstrate the ability to approach new and demanding situations with innovation and determination.
- Operate at a high level of speed and productivity, be sensitive to time and cost factors associated with their expertise, project budgets and company-wide financial goals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
- Work is performed mostly in office settings. Some outdoor work is required in the inspection of various land use developments, construction sites or public works facilities. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate drafting equipment, computers, and various pieces of office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, and smell.
BG offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, life insurance, LTD, flexible spending, paid time off, yearly performance bonus, on-site gym, and a great place to work!
BG is proud to be an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.