THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
TITLE: Facilities Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Service Operations
REPORTS TO: Service Operations Manager
LOCATION: Cleveland, OH
APPROVED/REVISED DATE: April 21, 2022
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company. Our goal is to make buildings more energy-efficient through HVAC design, electrical upgrades, building automation systems design and installation, maintenance, and repair. We are a solution-based business with a proven track record of saving our clients' money through reduced energy usage while improving their overall carbon footprint. Our team is second to none. Their creativity and dedication to providing solutions for our clients is their #1 priority. Their team-oriented approach to projects is what sets BG apart from the rest of the industry.
JOB SUMMARY: The responsibility of the Facilities Coordinator is to ensure that the Brewer-Garrett Company buildings and grounds are properly maintained and cleaned per the job description below.
- Maintain office supplies for the copier areas - list will be provided.
- Maintain office supplies cage area - neat and orderly.
- Receive office supplies orders and distribute to the proper locations.
- Shop area:
- Load/unload trucks and vans as needed.
- Handle incoming/outgoing UPS, FEDX, and other special delivery items and distribute to the proper locations.
- Help keep the Shop organized; such as straightening shelves and putting incoming material in order with proper tagging.
- Arrange boxes, material, and hand trucks or other industrial equipment in neat and orderly manner.
- Sweep Shop area.
- Empty Garbage Dumpsters.
- Keep back yard organized- (example dump oil, get rid of drums, etc.) need to maintain cleanliness in the back of the building.
- Daily Building Maintenance:
- Empty trash bins throughout the office.
- Empty recycling bins.
- Maintain cleanliness in front lobby and in both the upstairs and downstairs kitchen and restrooms to include:
- Replace paper products 2x per day.
- Empty trash in the morning and afternoon.
- Ensure all counter tops and floors are clean.
- Clean refrigerators the last Friday of each month.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Fitness Room:
- Wipe off and disinfect all equipment daily.
- Ensure the mirrored wall is clean.
- Maintain orderliness of the weights.
- Ground Maintenance:
- Weeds sprayed and dead weeds removed daily during the active growing season.
- Turn the mulch and keep it looking fresh.
- Sweep parking lot and walkways when needed.
- During the winter months responsible for ice/snow removal on all walkways. On heavy snow days this task must be completed by 7:30 a.m. & maintained throughout the day.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Maintains building, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities.
- Repair or replace plumbing faucets throughout the building when needed.
- Repair toilet flush valves when needed.
- Repair or replace electrical devices as needed.
- Re-lamp lighting fixtures as needed.
- Replace lighting ballasts as needed.
- Replace all air filters in HVAC equipment - Quarterly.
- Repair or replace window blinds as needed.
- Patch and paint any imperfections in walls or ceilings.
- Make daily routine walks through the building to identify any problems to be addressed.
- Stock the pop machine and notify Deb Lesar when stock is low.
- Will be responsible for periodic schedule testing of the building fire suppression system and act as a liaison with the Fire Marshall and will be responsible for fire extinguisher maintenance.
- Maintenance of the President/CEO vehicles. Floor mats every other day clean.
- items to performed at the Joseph residence and Joseph Sr. residence.
- Schedule exterminator visits as needed per season and need.
- Schedule semi-annual window cleaning with vendor-communicate to staff.
- Make deliveries as necessary and needed by staff.
- Must be highly organized and able to work well under pressure.
- Proficient with phones and computers.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects safely - sometimes with no assistance.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to work under pressure during periods of extreme demand, typically coinciding with very hot or very cold outside temperatures.
- Must be able to drive to/from job sites.
- Must be able to climb ladders and operate machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
BG offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, life insurance, LTD, paid time off, on-site gym, and a great place to work!