THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
TITLE: IFS Technician
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Facilities Services
REPORTS TO: Site Manager
LOCATION: Multiple sites around Cleveland, OH
APPROVED/REVISED DATE: March 21, 2022
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company. Our goal is to make buildings more energy-efficient through HVAC design, electrical upgrades, building automation systems design and installation, maintenance, and repair. We are a solution-based business with a proven track record of saving our clients' money through reduced energy usage while improving their overall carbon footprint. Our team is second to none. Their creativity and dedication to providing solutions for our clients is their #1 priority. Their team-oriented approach to projects is what sets BG apart from the rest of the industry.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is a semi-skilled position, and we are looking for an individual with relevant experience. This individual, under limited supervision, performs a variety of general facilities installation and maintenance related tasks which are non-technical in nature, but require the use of some specialized skills. These tasks and assignments are basic in nature but diverse and require limited analysis. This individual will also be called upon to assist other high-level technicians on more complex tasks.
- Performs troubleshooting and repair functions in the areas of mechanical, carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, and general maintenance.
- Requires a maintenance aptitude with a desire to learn new skills performing facilities installation and maintenance services.
- Provide excellent customer service to the client.
- Inspect buildings, electrical systems, grounds, and equipment to ensure safe, well-maintained conditions, identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Perform minor troubleshooting and repairs; replace light bulbs, light fixtures, electrical sockets, light switches, ballasts, and fuses.
- Identify and perform basic service and repair on plumbing fixtures, open clogged lines and drains in sinks and toilets, replace water faucets, etc.
- Perform basic carpentry: repair drywall, paint walls, fix doors, windows.
- Move and relocate office furniture: adjust desks, chairs, and files.
- Remove snow and salt walkways.
- Assist in janitorial duties; stock restrooms, clean windows, maintain the cleanliness of the lobby, remove the trash.
- Inform management personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders to provide information for making decisions, taking appropriate action, and/or complying with building and safety regulations.
- Request equipment and supplies to maintain inventory and ensure availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Respond to emergencies after hours, per service manager's request.
- Complete work orders using the BG iPad.
- Follow all policies and procedures established in the Brewer-Garrett Manuals and Client Contract documents.
- Actively markets the various Brewer-Garrett capabilities to the building tenants.
- High school/trade school graduate
- 5 years relevant experience in general maintenance
- Experience in commercial, institutional environments
- Basic administrative skills
- Knowledge of hand tools, some specialized
- Trade/vocational/military training
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds. The employee must be capable of climbing a 10 foot ladder and have the ability to stand 50% of the work day.
BG offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, flexible spending, paid time off, and a great place to work!
BG is proud to be an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.