THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
TITLE: Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Contracting Operations
REPORTS TO: Contracting Operations Manager
LOCATION: Frackville, Pennsylvania
APPROVED/REVISED DATE: November 19, 2021
FLSA STATUS: Administrative Exempt
Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company. Our goal is to make buildings more energy-efficient through HVAC design, electrical upgrades, building automation systems design and installation, maintenance, and repair. We are a solution-based business with a proven track record of saving our clients' money through reduced energy usage while improving their overall carbon footprint. Our team is second to none. Their creativity and dedication to providing solutions for our clients is their #1 priority. Their team-oriented approach to projects is what sets BG apart from the rest of the industry.
JOB SUMMARY: Direct and focus effort, expertise, creative talent, and construction management to all project related construction & developmental issues from award through completion of the work. This is accomplished with the close participation of the Operations Manager and the Construction General Manager.
- Redeem Gross Profit.
- Attends project "turnover meetings" conducted by the energy engineering department then immediately schedules the requisite preconstruction meeting(s). Takes immediate and direct control of all matters related to the project. Report, as needed, to the Construction General Manager on any issues that will affect owner satisfaction, energy guarantees and gross profit redemption.
- Shall procure materials, equipment, and Sub Contractor participation under the direction of the General Manager. Promotes the concept of and purchase quality and value.
- Develops directly or indirectly all shop drawings, submittals, coordination drawings, construction schedules, permit applications and related construction documentation necessary to complete the work. Provides any assistance necessary to detailers and engineering during project and drawing preparation. Develops as-built drawings, operation and maintenance manuals and related documents required to close-out the project.
- Ensures that the approval process of all drawings and equipment submittals is timely and adequately pursued and completed. Insure that under the requirements of "engineer's approval" that no equipment or materials are released or installed without gaining the required approvals from the engineering department and owner when applicable.
- Acquires and coordinates for the project the resources of the Brewer-Garrett Company such as labor, equipment, tools, inventory, and deliveries from the Operations Department via its manager.
- Documents all changes in scope of work which includes energy related revisions, develops pricing for said changes and gains approval from a qualified customer representative, in writing, to provide the additional work prior to providing any effort beyond the sell.
- Conducts job site meetings, prepares the meeting minutes, monitors the work, and compares work in place to schedule requirements as well as the budget. Routinely prepares a "cost in place" analysis of installed work. Verifies that Safety concerns and "Job Box" talks are being conducted. Supports safety by example, such as, the wearing of hard hats, eye protection, hearing protection etc.
- Reports upon any and all difficulties that will affect the quality of the work, issues of safety, customer relations, redemption of gross profit and similar concerns to the Operations Manager.
- Provides a bi-weekly, onsite, safety audit for each active project and assures that "job box" safety meetings are properly initiated and maintained. Monitors safety and assists the company safety officer to assure a safe environment. Insists that all subcontractors, held to the same criteria, meet these responsibilities as well.
- Reviews the basis of the energy guarantee and reports on any discrepancies to the auditing department.
- In conjunction with the accounting department prepares project billings and promotes the timeliness of this task.
- Schedules and directs the commissioning of all installed systems nearing project completion with engineering, automation, auditing, and the owner's representative.
- Prepares required project related training materials and aids. Conducts all required owner training sessions.
- Assures that all project related documents of record, as-built drawings, operating manuals, warranty certificates, commissioning records, balance reports, owner acceptance sign off and similar materials are filed with pertinent copies delivered to the owner upon project completion.
- Estimates as directed by the General Manager in their area of expertise.
- Assists on any effort related to the department such as "take off' and estimating needs, meeting attendance, procurement, sales, and similar activities.
- Pursues new sales opportunities and customer development with the General Manager.
- Compiles and prepares weekly timecards charging individual hours to projects accurately.
- Pursues, establishes, and maintains worthy relationships with vendors and sub-contractors. Monitors and achieves quality participation from these resources at every level.
- Meets with building inspectors to complete final inspections and gain system acceptance.
- Redeem gross profit through effective and persistent administration of the responsibilities and obligations associated with the performance of the work.
- Project Managers are expected to be productive and charge time to projects at a rate equal to or exceeding 80% of available work hours.
- Other Duties
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SALES RESPONSIBILITIES: None
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction science/construction management.
- Minimum of two years' related experience in institutional projects.
- Required to travel.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
BG offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, life insurance, LTD, flexible spending, paid time off, yearly performance bonus, on-site gym, and a great place to work!
BG is proud to be an EOE and a Drug-free Workplace.