THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
TITLE: Application Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Building Solutions Group
REPORTS TO: Controls Operations Manager
LOCATION: Berea, Ohio
APPROVED/REVISED DATE: November 3, 2021
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company that provides innovations that exceeds expectations. Our goal is to make buildings more energy-efficient through HVAC design, electrical upgrades, building automation systems design and installation, maintenance, and repair. We are a solution-based business with a proven track record of saving our clients' money through reduced energy usage while improving their overall carbon footprint. Our team is second to none. Their creativity and dedication to providing solutions for our clients is their #1 priority. Their team-oriented approach to projects is what sets BG apart from the rest of the industry.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for support of an automation project's installation and engineering including, but not limited to; sub-contractor management, engineering development, equipment purchasing, programming, and operational commissioning. In addition to project installation, he/she must also be conscious of all budgetary impacts to redeem the highest possible GP. The budgets of all active projects will be reviewed regularly with the Controls Operations Manager.
- Generates designs and engineering/programming as needed to support the installation, commissioning, and turnover of specific projects
- Generates drawings, bill of material, actuator schedules, and valve schedules as needed
- Troubleshoots and resolves basic HVAC mechanical and controls problems
- Interfaces regularly with project team and customers
- Responsible for adhering to installation standards and processes that increases project profitability
- BAS customer interface development (graphics, alarming, trending etc.)
- Facilitates field commissioning of control system programming, integrations, and operability
- Development and execution of control system operational training for customers
- Other tasks as assigned
SALES RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
- BS degree or HVAC systems installation and programming background
- Basic understanding of mechanical HVAC systems
- Proficient in Microsoft based software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project)
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work throughout mechanical rooms, including climbing ladders
- Must be able to work extended hours, when required
- Must be able to drive to projects within the state of Ohio
BG offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, life insurance, LTD, flexible spending, paid time off, yearly performance bonus, on-site gym, and a great place to work!
BG is proud to be an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.