THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
TITLE: General Maintenance Technician DEPARTMENT: Service
REPORTS TO: Chief Building Engineer SUBORDINATES: N/A
LOCATION: Cleveland, Ohio APPROVED/REVISED DATE: September 7, 2021
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company. Our goal is to make buildings more energy-efficient through HVAC design, electrical upgrades, building automation systems design and installation, maintenance, and repair. We are a solution-based business with a proven track record of saving our clients' money through reduced energy usage while improving their overall carbon footprint. Our team is second to none. Their creativity and dedication to providing solutions for our clients is their #1 priority. Their team-oriented approach to projects is what sets BG apart from the rest of the industry. Our company is built upon the talent and experience of our associates, and we are looking for a customer-minded General Maintenance Technician to add to our growing team.
The General Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining all building maintenance, repairs, and inspection of facilities equipment (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service to the client
- Inspect buildings, electrical systems, grounds, and equipment to ensure safe, well-maintained conditions, identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair
- Perform minor troubleshooting and repairs; replace light bulbs, light fixtures, electrical sockets, light switches, ballasts, and fuses
- Identify and perform basic service and repair on plumbing fixtures, open clogged lines and drains in sinks and toilets, replace water faucets, etc.
- Perform basic carpentry: repair drywall, paint walls, fix doors, windows
- Move and relocate office furniture: adjust desks, chairs, and files
- Remove snow and salt walkways
- Assist in janitorial duties; stock restrooms, clean windows, maintain the cleanliness of the lobby, remove the trash
- Inform management personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders to provide information for making decisions, taking appropriate action, and/or complying with building and safety regulations
- Request equipment and supplies to maintain inventory and ensure availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair
- Respond to emergencies after hours, if available
- Complete work orders and requests promptly using the client management software
- Follow all policies and procedures established in the Brewer-Garrett Manuals and Client Contract documents
- Maintain vehicle (if applicable), tools, communication devices (i.e., iPad, phone laptop), and equipment to ensure availability in safe operating condition
- Participate in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned to convey and/or gather information required to perform job functions
- Read blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal, and water supply systems
- Cut, assemble, and install pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring)
- Repair or replace commercial supply lines, drains, traps, faucets, valves and flush valves
SALES RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
- High school/trade school graduate/ military school or apprentice program
- 3+ experience in a maintenance or construction field
- Broad knowledge of tools and instrumentation
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!