THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
TITLE: HVAC Serviceman REPORTS TO: Dennis Hart, IFS Program Manager
DEPARTMENT: Service LOCATION: Cleveland GSA
WORK HOURS: 0700 – 1530 START DATE: 9/15/2021
EXEMPT STATUS: Hourly SALARY RANGE: $30.77 + GSA Hourly Benefit
JOB SUMMARY: Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company that provides innovations that exceeds expectations. BG offers comprehensive commercial HVAC services that include design-build, installation, preventive maintenance, and facility maintenance. Our experienced service technicians and building engineers provide the specialized attention our customers commercial HVAC systems need to operate at optimal efficiency. BG is looking for an experienced HVAC Technician (HVAC Mechanic) that will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing HVAC equipment or systems.
- Installs, services, maintains, and repairs environmental-control systems in residences, department stores, office buildings, and other commercial establishments by utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout.
- Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints, or engineering specifications.
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment.
- Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system using hand tools.
- Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape using cutting and bending equipment and tools.
- Cuts and threads pipe using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment.
- Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
- Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit.
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
- Installs air and water filters in completed installation.
- Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems and adds freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure.
- Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to insure proper operation.
- Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap-and-water solution.
- Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands.
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units using electrician's hand tools and test equipment.
- May install, repair, and service air conditioners ranging from fifteen (15) to twenty (20) tons cooling capacity in warehouses and small factory buildings.
- Services, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs all HVAC and associated systems and equipment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
All HVAC personnel designated to work on, operate, maintain, and (or) repair HVAC equipment or systems shall maintain a minimum of sixteen (16) hours of continuing education annually from a NATE, HVAC Excellence, or UA Star recognized provider program.
All HVAC personnel designated to work on, operate, maintain, and (or) repair HVAC equipment or systems shall possess one (1) or more of the following certifications:
- North American Technician Excellence (N.A.T.E.) HVACR Service Technician Certification
- HVAC Excellence Professional Level Certification
- UA Star HVACR Mastery Certification
- Able to participate in job walk-throughs which include climbing ladders, squatting, and other similar physical demands; work requires the ability to maneuver in confined spaces 10% of the time and the ability to perform duties at heights 10% of the time
- Work requires walking or standing 85% of the time; 10 of walking is on uneven terrain
- Able to see, hear well (either naturally or with correction) and speak clearly
- Also includes sitting, standing, and bending, repetitive motions of hands and wrists due to frequent computer use
- Must be able to routinely lift 25 pounds, with occasional lifting of 50-75 pounds
- Will need to be available for 24x7 on-call rotation
Sign Up For Job Alerts!