THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
TITLE: Accounts Payable Clerk DEPARTMENT: Accounting
REPORTS TO: Accounting Supervisor SUBORDINATES: N/A
LOCATION: Middleburg Heights, Ohio APPROVED/REVISED DATE: August 31, 2021
FLSA STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company that provides innovations that exceeds expectations. Our company is built upon the talent and experience of our associates, and we are looking for an entry-level Accounts Payable Clerk to support our Accounting Department. This is a temporary position that has the opportunity to become a full time position. We are looking for an individual that has a great attitude and a willingness and desire to learn. This person will be responsible for supporting the Accounting Department in various clerical functions including, but not limited to, matching purchase orders to invoices, coding of purchase orders and invoices for entry into an ERP system (COINS program), issuing payment of invoices, assisting the accounting supervisor with month end processes and assisting with telephone coverage for the reception desk when needed.
- Match purchase orders to invoices and code invoices for entry into COINS program
- Distribute invoices to project and service managers for approval
- Issue payment of vendor invoices on a monthly basis
- Code overhead invoices for entry into COINS program
- Distribute overhead invoices to appropriate manager for approval
- Issue payment of overhead invoices on a weekly basis
- Review vendor statements on a monthly basis
- Assist Accounting Supervisor with month end process
- Enter purchase orders into COINS program
- Back up for processing of field payroll
- Assist with telephone coverage for reception desk as needed
- This is a non-remote position
SALES RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with a minimum of 1-3 years of work experience in a clerical type of role or accounting related field.
- Experience with data entry into an ERP system is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!